.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Predicting the Future

Ten years ago.....

I never expected that my life would be anything like it is today. Ten years ago I started working in my current position. I was very nervous in the beginning but learned and grew with every passing day. I thought that I'd be working with elementary school students until I retired. I always did the right thing. The principal sang my praises to the entire staff on the last day of school. I loved being in a building where I could watch my students go from grade to grade and check up on them. Then I was transferred on the first day of school the following September. I was devastated. I practically went kicking and screaming into this new building.
     I didn't realize at the time that God was placing me exactly where I needed to be to preserve my emotional and physical well being.  I am so grateful that He did that for me. I also never thought that I'd LOVE kindergarten the way that I do.
Ten years ago, I was a mouse who didn't want to rock the boat, especially at work. Now, I'm the outspoken one (outspoken but still respectful).I also never guessed that I'd be wondering (not worrying) about home security. I have no idea how long I'll be able to live in this house. No matter what transpires I know that I'll be alright.
Ten years ago, I thought that the only things I'd recycle were paper and plastic; certainly not an old boyfriend. :-]

Ten years ago, did you expect that your life would be anything like it is today?

15 comments:

JennyLilac said...

I love kindergarten too. I am a sub and was asked to long-term in a K classroom last year. Initially I was nervous, but I fell in love with my class almost immediately. I'm glad it's worked out so well for you!

Lisa Adair said...

Oh no, not at all.
10 years ago I thought I'd always be living in the small country town I was raised in, and not a different state like now.
10 years ago I hated math and accounting, now I'm surrounded by numbers at work.
10 years ago, I never expected there would be weeks to go by that I didn't see my daughter.
There's been a lot of changes in the last 10 years, some of it good, but I've no doubt that I'm right where I'm supposed to be!

Susan said...

Ten years ago, I never thought that I would have four kids. Now I couldn't imagine my life without them.

Lora Oliver said...

It is amazing how our lives turn when we least expect them to and a lot of times, when we least want them to. 10 years ago I walked away from an engagement 3 months before the wedding and it was one of the hardest things I ever did. Now I realize it was one of the best things I ever did.

MyCuriousCrafts said...

No, I would have never thought that I would be where I am today, not ten years ago but I do know that I am where I am suppose to be. Only be faith am I able to accept this and be grateful. ~Shen

Staci said...

Jenny, aren't they the best?! I had no idea I would love kindergarten so much!!

Lisa, I've never lived anywhere but where I am now. Math is not my best friend but we've become better acquainted.

Susan, that is beautiful!

Lora, that was so brave and smart!

Shen, good point. Have a great day all! :-)

Elizabeth-FlourishInProgress said...

Oh God NO. I thought I would always live in the margins of society, quietly trying to scoot by, not causing a stir and taking what was given, good or bad. I resigned my life to being poor and undereducated and sometimes unhappy.

My life didn't turn out like that at all. I can't even begin to describe to you how that makes me feel, knowing that my kid has a chance.

Tamika said...

Wow ten years ago I met a man that I wanted to be my husband and now he actually is.

Ten years ago my daughters were 7 and 4 and I could still pick them up now one is going to high school and the other graduating high school. Why did time have to go so fast?

Ten years ago I was wondering about my next career move, now I am wishing I was closer to retirement, lol.

Ten years ago crafting was a distraction from my everyday life, now I am making a little side money doing what I love even if it is not on a full-time basis.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Staci and allowing me to do the same.

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

Hi Staci
Thanks so much for visiting my blog!
Hope you are having a great week :)

Staci said...

Liz and Tamika, thanks so much for sharing!

Gemiel said...

Ten years ago I couldn't have imagined my life would be what it is today. Ten years ago, my mother passed away suddenly and unexpectedly. Of course I would never have thought it at the time, but God took what I thought was the worst thing that could have happened to my family and used it to turn our lives around. Things happen for a reason and I know that even though we miss my Mom terribly, our lives have grown so much since her passing.

Tracy said...

Interesting what life throws your way isn't it.
I would have never dreamed my life would be so full as it is now.
I had never had any expectations in my life, but wow, I sure love my life.

Jill said...

Ten years ago there is no way on this earth that I thought I'd be in the situation I'm in now, never even realized I could even be this happy. :-)

Very funny on the recycled boyfriend! Sounds very sweet! :-)

courtney said...

10 years ago, my youngest was just a newborn and I was enjoying my maternity leave, fully expecting to be back to my job once it was over. Never happened.
10 years ago, I'd look longingly at the esthetics course load in the local college catalogue. I've now been an esthetician for 8 years, started and dropped my own business and simply tired of it.
10 years....wow, in some ways it seems like a lifetime ago...and in others, it was just yesterday!

Brown English Muffin said...

Is there ANYTHING I can do to help with the living situation?? ANYTHING???