My son is not much of a chocolate fan (I have no idea where he gets that from as I'm a confirmed chocoholic...) but he does love Whoppers. I have seen many variations of this cupcake recipe and decided to play around with my own. DS went absolutely nuts for these and was trying to eat them before they were even frosted because of the way they smelled while baking.
Whopper Cupcakes
Ingredients
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups of water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 boxes Whoppers
- 1 cup Carnation malted milk
Prepare a boxed cake according to instructions. Add in one cup of crushed Whoppers and one cup of Carnation malted milk. Bake for 18 minutes at 350 degrees F. Spread with the frosting of your choice (We like vanilla.) Sprinkle crushed whoppers to the top of each cupcake and add a full sized Whopper on top.
If you prefer to make your own frosting, I found this recipe online:
Chocolate malt Buttercream Ingredients
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup Carnation Original Malted Milk Powder
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed Whoppers
Simply combine all of the ingredients, pipe onto cooled cupcakes, garnish with crushed candy and top with a whole Whoppers malted milk ball.
*Have you tried a new recipe lately?*
14 comments:
Oh WOW! I think I gained five pounds just reading this post! It couldn't have been from me licking the screen or anything. Those look delicious!
wow that look yummy....mouth watering.. thanks for sharing.. make me feel like backing something..
Now those look delicious. Totally tempting!
Oh my gosh, these look and sound delicious!!!!
Yummy post, now I'm craving something sweet.
Lisa x
Hmmm, these look so yummy. Glad they're at your house and not mine, otherwise I'd probably eat them all :).
Ohhhh this sounds and looks delish. Send some my way.....I love chocolate.
Ohhhh this sounds and looks delish. Send some my way.....I love chocolate.
I HATE whoppers but those SURE look GOOD!!!
Mmmmm. Those look super yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe! -Amanda
Those cakes look GREAT :)
OMG! These look absolutely divine!!! TFS!
Aloha,
Dena (Strawberryfairy on 2peas)
missdjones.blogspot.com
Yummy, they look so delish. Love baking!
xxx
Marlene
I've never been a big fan of Whoppers; but these look divine! I bet the husband would love them!
Post a Comment