.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Chaz 's Transition

TRANSITION The Story of How I Became a Man by Chaz Bono

'The Bible says, "Let he without sin cast the stone first"
The sinner or the one who judged him, who was wrong first?'-
Tip "T.I" Harris, "Get Back Up" 2010


 I remember being little and watching the Sonny and Cher Show. Chastity Bono is only six months older than me. I always loved the outfits she wore when her parents would bring her out at the end of the show. Even though I was a little girl, I noted that she often looked uncomfortable. I thought that maybe she was afraid of the TV cameras and the big audience watching. Chastity came of age and declared her interest in women. However I wasn't surprised years later to find out that she wanted to make the transition to becoming male.
 
This book was written well and isn't some hyper se*ual steamy novel. It speaks of Chaz's childhood and relationships with friends and family and the feeling of never quite fitting in.. My only issue was that the book left me with more questions than answers. It made me ponder exactly  what makes one male or female. This book was definitely an interesting read.

6 comments:

Tamika said...

Wow it does sounds interesting and I am glad it focused more on Chaz's feelings and not just the sexual part of her story.

Gemiel said...

Her or Him....Hmmmm something to ponder

Serene said...

I also remember watching the Sonny & Cher when I was a kid. I loved the show and Cher's costumes. Heck, I still love Cher. I'm so very glad we live in a time when Chaz is able to make the transition.

Tracy said...

I loved the Sony and Cher show, I still love Cher.
As for Chaz I agree with Serene, it is wonderful that we can all be who we are, and not have to hide who we are.

Elizabeth-FlourishInProgress said...

Oh, I found this story to be so fascinating...and brave. I loved the honesty and the raw emotions.

Brown English Muffin said...

Some day that's the sign of a good book when it leaves you wanting more...even if it's more answers!!