.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Photo Savvy and Scrapbooks Etc.

The final issue of Scrapboks Etc. arrived in my mailbox well over a week ago. I haven't gotten past the editorial page. I know it sounds crazy but I almost don't want to read it.  I know when I read it,there will be no more. I really loved this magazine. :-(



A skill I would like to acquire:

I would like to be more photo savvy. I have no trouble taking portraits, landscapes/nature shots but I would love to be able to take a good self portrait. Most of the time I wind up cutting off part of my face (like my avatar shot) or it looks like it was taken in front of a fun house mirror.

My son has quite a knack for taking self portraits. He took this shot of himself 
  and this one of us in D.C.
 
 I guess I need to practice a bit more. I'd also love to be able to take 4th of July/fireworks shots. Mine always look terrible.    * Is there a photo technique that you'd like to learn to do better?*

9 comments:

Sondra said...

I would like to be able to figure out how to take better pictures in darker situations. Like all things that kids do and their parents are stuck up in the bleachers.

Tamika said...

I hope they're sending me a refund!

Tiffany said...

I felt the same way about the last clean and simple magazine.

I would like to get better at taking pictures of my projects.

Raquelle Clifton said...

Have a great 4th, and I'll miss that magazine too! I'm a new follower to your blog! Come and follow me too!

PinkE
Creations By PinkE

Serene said...

Love that pic of you and your son in DC. It's sad about yet another scrap magazine disappearing.

Lisa Adair said...

O totally understand your not wanting to read the magazine yet! I feel the same way. :(

I'd like to improve on action shots. Just need to find some action!

Susan said...

SE was probably my most favorite of the scrappy mags....so sad to see it go.

And as far as the pictures go....the good thing about digital is, you can practice all day, and not have to pay! :)

Gemiel said...

I haven't read my magazine either. I'm saving it for my vacation. It's so sad to see all the scrapbook magazines going away. Whenever I visit Barnes and Noble I see tons of stamping magazines but only a couple of scrapbooking ones.

I would love to be able to take better photos. I have a great camera but still don't know how to used all the features.

Tracy said...

Wow, that is a great self photo of your son that he took.
I enjoy taking photos, but just have a simple point and shoot camera. I would like to learn more, but there are just so many other things higher up on my list.
So in the mean time, I will use my daughters photography, lol.
Keep practicing you will get there.