What's with the goofy expression?
My baby graduated from high school today! My son attended a strict boys only Catholic high school for his freshman year. There were maybe four or five African American students in attendance. I worked 2 assignments to pay the tuition and was barely getting by. After another increase, I made the painful decision to remove him because I just couldn't do it anymore.
I worried about his future in our public school. My son dances to the beat of his own drummer and I worried that he wouldn't fit in. I didn't realize how many students at his school are just like him. He reconnected with friends who had also gone off to private schools; who due to economic reasons returned the way he did. He received an excellent education and encountered wonderful teachers. It was great seeing him and so many of his friends walk across that stage but I honestly don't know where all of the time went! Of course, I cried like crying was going out of style (which his dad just didn't get).
Now off to college!!
kindergarten
5th grade
8th grade
12th grade
13 comments:
Congrats! What a big day for your family. Good luck to him in college!
congrats to your son Staci!!! What a great day for your family:)
AWWWWWW!!! Congrats to him for graduating and beginning the next journey to college.
This is fabulous, that he continued doing well. I understand the pain and troubles that this economy has put many families in! I was laid off after 17 1/2 years at the same job! It really is hard to adjust to life as it is now. Good luck to him and yourself. I love that you included the year in review layouts! Love Penny
So proud and happy for you both! Congrats and all the blessings in the world for the next new chapters of life. It is an exciting time for both of you.
Glad the decision to go to public school worked out OK for everybody. Congrats to your son and good luck in college!
Congrats to your son. That is a great accomplishment. Especially with all the scary things out there.
Its my youngest daughters last year, next year.
The time does go so fast...they the ceremony takes forever, lol.
You are a proud mama, nothing wrong with crying with pride for your child :)
Congrats to your son!! So happy for you both! Good luck in the next chapter of his life.
And, I get the crying like it's going out of style! You cry all you want!
Congratulations to your son! I'm sure I'll be crying the day we reach that milestone. We moms can't help it. :)
Congratulations to you son! And so nice to see all the "through the years" layouts! they grow up way too fast!
Ahhh how fun to see him grow! Congratulations!
Oh my Staci!! Where has the time gone???? He was just a little one when we met. Is he going away to college or staying at home? Tell Amani that TJ and I said congrats and we wish him all the best in college.
Love seeing the progression. WTG!
Post a Comment