.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Keeps getting stranger....

Just a little car update: The young man was given a ticket for no insurance at the scene. A few days later, I received a voice mail regarding my accident from another insurance company. I didn't respond because I didn't know why anyone else but my company would be calling. A few days later, I received a letter from said insurance company. It was his (He's insured now?!)  insurance company attempting to contact me.

I faxed the letter to my insurance company who told me I had no reason to deal with this other person's insurance company, that the two companies would deal with each other directly.   I also found out that the young man is trying to say he was already in the intersection at the time of impact. Complete lie which is reflected on the police report. There were also witnesses. Even if he was in the intersection, my stopping would have caused several cars to hit me in the back because I was in traffic with nowhere to go.

Today I come home and this guy's insurance agent's card is tucked in my front door. What the?! I called my agent to ask if this is normal, but haven't heard back yet. I don't appreciate this dude sniffing around my house when I'm not home or at all, especially since my insurance agent already told him there is no need to contact me directly.


I finally had to tell my students why I'm a bit sore and stiff. They are the best. They know on which side it's okay to hug me and warn students in other classes. "Be careful! She's fragile!" Ha! Five and six-year-olds are too funny!



I'll post the giveaway winner tomorrow...

8 comments:

Lora Oliver said...

Oh, NO! This behavior is completely unacceptable! I hope that your insurance company takes care of these aggressive fools and that you soon do not have to deal with this.

Sarah Coggins said...

Your students are so sweet!

And totally freaky about the other insurance company. That's not right. Your company is correct - they can negotiate with his to resolve this. The other company should not be contacting you if you told them not to. I don't know if the police can do anything, but I would be tempted to call and report harassment if that insurance agent dares to show at your house again.

Carla said...

oh no Staci!! They are SO wrong to even contact you. Hopefully it stops, if it doesn't please tell your insurance agent immediately and if they call you again, warn them that they can't call or contact you or you'll call the police and/or better business bureau.

Susan said...

Just let the insurance company deal with it. After all, it's what you pay them for, and pay them for, and pay them for. lol
Hope everything works out for you!

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

OH NO! First, I am SO sorry to hear that you were in an accident. Those are so irritating on so many levels. Not only for the inconvenience factor but more importantly, for what it does to our body and to our sense of safety.

AND NO, totally not okay that the insurance company is behaving like little stalkers. That's freaky and inappropriate.

Thank goodness for the kindness of little ones.

Tracy said...

I have been in an accident before and didn't have to deal with the other insurance company at all.
Mind you the laws and such may be different as I am from Canada. I would again contact your insurance company about this.

Melissa said...

I wouldn't feel comfortable with it either. They shouldn't be contacting you! Hope all goes ok!

courtney said...

Honestly, this other guy's 'insurance' doesn't even sound legit. He's incredibly unprofessional and creepy at the very least.
Hope this all gets resolved soon!