.

Friday, July 6, 2012

Smokey Robinson Layout Share and Book Review

I could not put this book down! I have been a Smokey fan since I was a child.  It was a quick and easy read for me. The book was a raw and honest account of his accolades in the music industry as a brilliant poet/writer and producer. Smokey pens in a bold way the loss of his beloved mother at age ten, his spiral into drug abuse, his love affairs, and Claudette's (his first wife) heartbreaking experiences with multiple miscarriages. I enjoyed reading about his relationships with Berry Gordy, Marvin Gaye (whom he nicknamed Dad) and his own father whom he referred to as Daddy Five. I didn't love the last three pages. The book ended too neatly. I actually said aloud, "Really, Smoke? Really?" Still a great read though.

Here's my Smokey Robinson concert LO: Paper is by Me and My Big Ideas, Paper Adventures, K & Co, and American Crafts,. Stickers are American Crafts/Amy Tangerine, Me and My Big Ideas, and October Afternoon.

6 comments:

Sondra said...

That layout is gorgeous!!! I love the swirly pink paper and the black!!! And who doesn't love Smokey???

Tiffany said...

He has an interesting story for sure. Love some Smokey. Your LO looks terrific.

Serene said...

Nice layouts. I'm loving the contrast between the pink and grey.

Sarah Coggins said...

Beautiful layout! Sounds like an interesting book. :)

Michelle Price said...

Hey staci-you are. The winner of my blog giveaway! Email me your address at stampinmich at yahoo

renee said...

Thanks for the book review. I will have to look for this one. Gret layout too!