.

Friday, July 20, 2012

I Wish We Had

What do you wish was available where you live? I wish that we had an http://www.archiversonline.com/    store.  I've always heard such amazing things about that store and think I would lose my mind like a kid in a candy store. I will never forget my experience when a scrapbook store opened about 1/2 hour away from me back in 2003. I was excited beyond words.  I posted this on another board years ago:

Who's a silly goose?! Could it be me?!
Fri Sep 5, 2003 8:22 pm

I went to take back a pair of my son's pants at Kids R Us in Levittown. I was at the register and looked out the window and saw a name on the front of another store--Scrapbbook Cottage!! A scrapbook store---20 minutes away from me!!! (next to Toys R Us, Kids R Us, Michaels, Kohls and Parade of Shoes) I calmed myself and ran with my son and his friend to the window---they're not open yet!! I was soooo excited that I literally hugged the front of the store...here's the part where I'm a goose--there were people inside and they saw me!! When they came out a few minutes later I told them they will remember me at their grand opening as the goofy chic who hugged their store,LOL!


So, is there something that you wish was available where you live?




11 comments:

Staci Taylor said...

ooooh, I think i'm with you! i would love an archivers! visited them when we went down south a few years ago, great store!!

Sondra said...

I wish we had an Archivers by us. I also wish the "local" scrapbook store were a little more local.

Tracy said...

Funny story about you hugging the scrapbook store wall, teehee.
I did that when I went to my 1st Archivers. It was in a mall and those metal gates were down. Hubby took a photo of me hugging them trying to peek into the store. I can so relate to your excitement ;)
I really liked a Hobby Lobby when I went in one. I have only been in one though.

Miss Misi said...

Maybe not quite the same but I wish I had local scrapbook buddies.

Staci said...

Tracy, glad I'm not the only one. :-)

Misi, I hear ya! I have met a few scrappy people on meetup.com. I wish we lived closer to each other though.

Tracy said...

Thank you so much for the Birthday Wishes and yes that cheese cake was delish, I actually had a piece for breakfast, teehee.

Naomi Edwards said...

You lucky duck!!!! I wish I lived near one of those stores! I am an hour away from everything but if I had a choice I would want to live next to Michael's Store but then again I would probably be broke..lol

Staci said...

Naomi, I went to Michaels recently and noticed that they had more updated stuff than our local AC Moore. My local LSS isn't so local anymore. The two close to me closed a long time ago.

Sarah Coggins said...

Ikea. :D But then I'd be broke! LOL We have an Archivers in the north part of the city. 30 minute drive for me. Have only a couple times since my son was born. I find I digiscrap more now plus I always end up spending HOURS in there. So much to see and see and see.

Angi Barrs said...

We have Archivers where I live and I love that store. It's fun to go to their crop events too.

Jill said...

I live in like the fourth largest city in the US, so if there's something not available here, it probably hasn't been invented yet. Oh! Except for space heaters for sale in summer. I wanted one to run in the bathroom during the baby's bath. But apparently those aren't considered necessary in the 90-100 degree weather.