Yay! National Scrapbooking Day is tomorrow and I'm going to a crop at a large hotel. I'm not going with any of my friends, so I'm a little nervous. I love the idea of meeting new scrappers though.
Scrapbooking has brought so much joy to my life. I have made terrific friends and scrapped my way through hard times. I enjoyed a moment of being published and came to know product manufacturer's by sight. I was going through my old albums recently and had to grin. I am definitely still a simple scrapper but I've come from here: (Check out the Paperkin! I knew I was getting fancy when I made her dress, LOL.)
and ended up here:
side by side:
I hope you have a great one! How are you spending your National Scrapbooking Day?
13 comments:
Isn't if fun comparing styles from when we first started?! :)
I am not doing much actual scrapping on NSD. It kind of seems to work out that way every year due to family commitments :)
Have fun at the crop! I went to a CKC convention by myself a few years ago and still had a blast :)
It is so cool to compare beginning pages to current ones isn't it! I hope you have fun at your crop and meet new friends. I took a risk several years back to mmet some strangers and now have the BEST scrappy friends! Enjoy your NSBD!
Isn't it fun to see how far we've come??? I know I look at my pages and remember thinking at the time "How can I out do this page" HAHA. I bet you will enjoy making new friends at this weekends crop =) I'll definitely be getting my scrap on this weekend too!
It is always so crazy to look back at where we started. My how the hobby has grown and we have evolved.
I sadly will be at work tomorrow, but I plan on being online and participating in some challenges.
Hope you make lots of new friends at your crop! Have fun!
It's so fun to compare our old styles to our new styles. Have a Happy NSD! I'll be relaxing today and going to see "The Avengers". :)
Paperkins, now that's a blast from the past. I have pages full of them. Hope you had a great time at the crop. I went to a crop today too. I only got 3 layouts done...guess I spent way to much time socializing...
You've come a long way! I love the Paperkins, by the way. My scrapbook is full of them... though not so many as the early ones.
I like looking back at my early attempts. It was nice to see someone else's progress.
Isn't it great to see our progression? That's what I love about this hobby. There's always something new to learn.
That is how everyone started I think, with the Making Memories floating images style. Glad you had fun on NSD and have grown so much on your scrappy journey.
I loved Paperkins back in the day - they are still fun to look at and it is great to see how the industry and your personal style has changed.
Great layouts.
So nice to see how not only our styles have changed but also how much product is out there.
We did what we could with the materials at hand.
Funny as I was looking at some of my old scrapbooks, and an surprised at how good they were, lol. I thought they looked bad at the time.
I love to see how scrappers have grown and evolved in their art!
Thanks for sharing these!
Post a Comment