.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bruised, but not broken...

I know that I am blessed.
I took defensive driving less than a year ago.
My son could have been in the car.
I could have still been the owner of my old car. (no air bags)
I could have been wearing my contacts.
I quickly found my glasses. (They flew out of the car window onto the street when the air bag hit me in the face.)

I dropped my DS off at his girlfriend's house yesterday afternoon. I was driving straight when someone else tried to hurry and make a left turn. Somehow, he hit me head on. Before the moment of impact, I realized that I could not avoid being hit. I immediately thought, "God, my son graduates from high school in less than a month. Please don't let me die today." I have some seat belt burn, ribcage bruising and a few other bruises and soreness. I'm still a little shaken and won't be driving right away. I'm still going to do the giveaway I have planed for Friday. I refuse to let things stop me...

14 comments:

Susan said...

So glad to hear that you're okay and are counting your blessings!

~EssenseVibez~ said...

i'm so thankful you're alright---Our God is an awesome God--i know what you're going through---i went through the exact same thing a few years ago--just keep on keepin on and don't leave no space for the devil to seep in---sit back and listen to this song: http://youtu.be/-2JTeCxjIWc

Tracy said...

So thankful that you weren't hurt to bad.
so scary.
Take care and I hope you heal quickly.

Kelly Roberts said...

Lord Have Mercy! So glad you are ok, Take your time to get back to the road. Take care!

courtney said...

Glad to hear you're alright and counting your blessings, not your bruises! I know it's scray after an accident, but don't wait too long to get back behind the wheel; the longer you wait, the harder it is.
Sending hugs and wishing you speedy healing!

Lora Oliver said...

It is amazing how the Universe looks out for us. I am so thankful that your injuries will quickly heal and that you will be there to cheer your son at his commencement. Moments like this always remind me of the Baz Lurman single, "Wear Sunscreen."

Melissa said...

Wow, glad you're ok, Staci! Hope you heal quickly. ♥

Tiffany said...

My goodness, I am sorry to hear about the accident. I admire your positive attitude about it and knowing that it could have been worse and counting those things as blessings.

Sondra said...

So glad it wasn't worse! Hope you heal quickly with nothing more serious than some bruising.

Serene said...

So sorry to hear of your accident but I'm glad it wasn't worse. Blessings, for sure! I hope you heal quickly. Take it easy and rest up but Courtney's right. Don't wait too long to get back behind the wheel. I know from experience, it's harder the longer you wait. So glad you are ok!

Gemiel said...

Oh my Staci, I am so sorry to hear about your accident. Thank God it wasn't worse and that you're ok. Take care of yourself. I'm sending hugs and prayers for your recovery.

Staci said...

Thank you for all of your well wishes. They mean a lot to me!

renee said...

OMG! I am so glad you are okay!

Sarah Coggins said...

Ugh! Saw the car photos first. So glad it was just the car and that you weren't seriously injured. How terrifying. Hope everything works out as far as repairs/replacement without too much hassle.