Happy Friday, everybody! I'm so looking forward to this weekend. I will be taking a trip to visit the Martin Luther King Memorial in Washington, D.C. tomorrow. I can't wait! Next Friday starts Memorial Day weekend and I'm looking forward to doing nothing! Well, I do plan to have a productive scrapathon. I've been busy the last four weekends and am ready for some down time.
______________________________________
Here's my latest book review...
"I won't describe what I look like. Whatever you're thinking, it's probably worse."
This is the story of August Pullman (affectionately known as Auggie by his family). August was born with a facial deformity that kept him from enrolling in a mainstream school--until now. He's about to become a fifth grader at Beecher Prep School. Anyone knows that it's hard enough being the new kid on the block without being so physically different. The reality is that Auggie is just like most children. He loves Star Wars and science. He's also an excellent student . Auggie is simply a regular kid with a face that isn't ordinary. Can he show the other children that he's just like them? This book had me laughing and crying at times. I give it 5 stars!

8 comments:
Sounds like a great book.
Especially with a five star rating!
My son is going in fifth grade next year, so it may be something for him to check out :)
Have a great time on your trip.
That sounds like a good book. I'll have to look for it. Hope you have a wonderful trip! :)
Oh have a fun trip and take lots of pictures. I hope to get there soon, probably in the fall after the summer weather passes. TFS this book, I've added it to my list.
Sounds like a great book! A dear friend of mine has just learned that her baby girl will be born with facial deformities, and deformities of the hands. It's so sad, and too often there is no compassion for these kids! Love Penny
Have a great trip to DC. Your current read sounds interesting!
Sounds like a heart warming story.
Enjoy your trip :)
The book sounds like it could be good for teaching compassion, something that every child needs to learn. TFS!
Hope you had fun on your trip, and that you're already scrapping the pictures.
Post a Comment