.
Monday, October 3, 2011
The Ultimatum
Henry is a successful novel writer. He has good friends and a good life that includes his beautiful and smart girlfriend of six years, Layla. (Layla is an associate in a law firm.) Henry is very happy until he is met with (dun dun dun dun!)... the ultimatum. Henry and Layla will be traveling to Maine in one week for the wedding of Henry's friend, Jack. Layla tells him that if he does not propose by the time of the bridal bouquet toss that it is over--for good.
Will Henry get decent advice from his recently divorced (taken to the cleaners) brother Jake, his five time married golf buddy, big John or his pal, Pete who refuses to grow up? Layla is getting her own share of counsel from her girlfriends, kind and sensitive Susan and curt, no nonsense Gloria. Henry's decision making time is ticking away. It'll take a high speed road trip to help Henry make the most important determination of his life.
I really enjoyed this book and would love to see it made into a movie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Thanks Staci, I've almost finished my current book and was needing a new one. This one sounds good!
this does sound good
Sounds like a great book. Wish I could find time to read it. I've been so busy lately that I can't see straight. I did finally finish "Getting to Happy" by Terry McMillan. It only took me 6 months LOL.
I have been looking for a new book to check out and this sounds like it would be interesting because now I want to know what he decides.
I'm catching up on my blogs and am having trouble reading the text over the pictures. The colors are gorgeous though!
Sounds like a fun summer read :)
Post a Comment