Happy Sunday morning! It's a bit chilly here in NY. It's the perfect day for lemon pancakes. I added a little maple on top of the strawberry syrup. Enjoy!
Lemon Pancakes with Strawberry Syrup
Ingredients
1 egg 1 cup flour
3 tablespoons sugar
zest of lemon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons melted butter
Put sugar into a bowl. Rub lemon zest into the sugar. In another bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk and butter. Add flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Add sugar and lemon zest mixture. Stir all ingredients until combined. Cook in pan or skillet as usual.
Strawberry Syrup
1 lb. sliced hulled strawberries
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
In a saucepan, combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil. Stir until sugar dissolves. Lower the heat and simmer until the strawberries are soft and the syrup is thickened approx. 12-15 minutes . Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature before serving.

5 comments:
DANGGGGGGGG------i wish i could eat strawberries {allergies}---but pass the lemon panni-cakes this way!--lol
Yum! That looks good! I haven't made pancakes in too long. :-)
Those sound and LOOK fabulous! Will have to make some... and today might just be the day!
Wow, made from scratch pancakes!!!Those sure look yummy. I only make scratch pancakes on special occasions. Most times I just whip up a batch using Hungry Jack pancake mix.:):)
I promised myself that once the box of bisquick is done I would begin pancakes from scratch ONLY in my house!!
Post a Comment