I have been trying to cross some items off my bucket list. Most of my items are long term goals. I need to work up the nerve to sing in public again. I haven't had a bad experience. I used to do it. I can certainly carry a tune. I'm not sure why I'm apprehensive now. I'll have to find an out of the way karaoke bar and give it a go.
What activity are you still working up the courage to try?

9 comments:
all I need are a few strong drinks! LOL
For me it would be giving a speech in front of a really large group of people. I can handle small groups but anything over 50 people makes me really nervous.
ME TOO! Unlike you, I couldn't carry a tune to save my life. In fact, I'm too embarrassed to sing in the shower...when I'm home alone. Okay, you've given me the courage to try this. Maybe I'll find a karaoke bar WAY WAY out of the way and give this a go. =)
BEM- LOL! We'll have to do it! I found an out of the way place but I don't know if it's a hall in the wall or if they have "various" types of music available.
G-I think you're in pretty good shape! I can make a presentation in front of an entire school of children easy peasy. When I have to speak in a faculty meeting I'm ridiculously nervous.
Liz- go for it girl! You'll probably do it before my chicken self! Hope you're feeling better!
I have been trying to find the courage to leave a job that I've been unhappy at for the past 10 years for a less stressful one but everyone is always telling me to just be thankful that I even have a good paying job in these tough times. I'm hoping that one day I will find the courage to leave.
beneaththeelmtree.blogspot.com
This is a good question. I always wanted to start my own business, like a scrapbooking or craft store.
Right now in my life I know I could do it and do it well, but I dont think I have the passion to do it anymore.
As for your singing in public, good for you. That would take courage. Especially as I only "think" I am a great singer, lol. Just ask the family, lol
Oh but you teach kindergarten!!! Don't you sing in public all day?!?!?
Tracy, so, so easily! You'd only have to start charging for stuff you're doing on a daily basis anyway, right?
Dee, I hear ya. I hope everything works out for the best.
Tracy, you should totally sell your cards. You're so talented.
Jill, many kindergarteners think their teacher is a rock star no matter how bad the singing. LOL
Post a Comment