.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

October Layout Challenge

My challenge for this month is to scrap a bad picture. I was so excited at the chance to scrap my son playing the drums. I took several sets of pictures; one worse than the other. I tried having them professionally printed only to be advised that they were low resolution and the print would be affected. I changed the resolution and uploaded them again with the same result. I really miss my film camera.

10 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

I like the layout! What size were you trying to print the photos? 4x6? I'm surprised you're running into difficulty getting them printed.

Staci said...

Yes, Sarah. I was trying to print 4 x 6. The initial batch of pictures I took with the camera were decent. After that, not so much. Sunlight, shade with or without flash, the rest are awful.

Melissa said...

The layout is great!

Have you tried changing the settings on your camera? What is your camera's megapixel capability? Try going into the settings and increasing the resolution there. (Not sure if you tried that already?)

Miss Misi said...

Go "A"!! Play those drums! LOL. Nice LO.

Tracy said...

That is an awesome layout.
The photo may not be the clearest but with your layout I think it turned out great.

Serene said...

I agree. The picture may not be the best but the layout is really nice.

Staci said...

Thanks Serene, Tracy, Misi and Melissa!
Melissa, I think the quality is worse when I try to get a close up. I'm going to keep playing with the settings. I think my point and shoot really spoiled me.

Tiffany said...

The LO turned out great. I hope you get your camera settings working to your liking so you can get the quality you want. One a side note: My 7 year old is learning the drums so maybe one day I can have a LO to document it.

Brown English Muffin said...

I simply love the layout...keep twisting buttons and nobs on that camera you'll soon get it...and once you do get it come and show me how to work mine!LOL

Gemiel said...

Love the layout Staci. I have that paper collection, just waiting for the right photos to use it. Sometimes when I'm having problems gettinga good photo, I take a bunch of the same thing using different setting. One of them is bound to come out pretty good.