.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Scrap Area....Revealed

     I'm always in awe when I see people's scrap rooms in online galleries. The rooms are always spacious, neat and organized. I'll admit that there are areas of my life where I must have order (my hangers have to face the same way in my closet and the paper money in my wallet must do the same.) Somehow that order hasn't translated to my scrap area.
     My scrap area is not big. In fact, it's smaller now than it once was. I had to chuckle when some years ago a new crafty friend that I met online came to my house. This is the conversation we had about my space:

HER: "Awww, it's cute!" *looks around* "Where's the rest?"
ME:  "This is it."
HER: "But you've been published."
ME: *staring* "Huh?"
HER: *confused* "But you don't have that much stuff and....*confused*
ME:  *also confused*..."This paper is cute right?"

Needless to say that relationship didn't last very long LOL... I think that it is possible to create with tons of stuff or very little if you're creative about it. I didn't clean up the area or vacuum before the pictures either. No frontin'. This is for real.  Let me walk you through my space. Actually you can just sit there or stand still...You won't miss anything.
This is my printer. Underneath that is all my scrap stuff. Yeah, that's pretty much it. Everything is labeled by drawer: 
  1. stickers and thickers
  2. ribbon
  3. chipboard
  4. embellishments
  5. red, white and blue cardstock
  6. yellow and orange cardstock, corrugated paper and vellum
  7. green and black cardstock
  8. beads, chalk, glue gun, misc. stamps (Need to change that as there are no longer stamps in there)
  9. templates and colored pencils
 
Bookcase of albums-Those two plastic things hanging out on the top shelf are my papertakers of 12 x 12 patterned paper. Yes, that is all the patterned paper I own. (Stop looking at me like that!!) I really need to relabel my albums or buy pretty ones or something. Someday...

The whole shebang. Under the computer is a small plastic container of stamps, embossing powder and ink.
That's all folks! If you've posted pics of your scraproom/scrap area, lemme see! Post a link if possible. If you can show that you have less stuff than me I'll send you a prize! :-) No seriously I will!!

12 comments:

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

I am SO impressed right now. I think it's amazing that you don't need 8000 sq. ft of scrap stuff to make the awesome layouts that you do.

I deeply admire the fact that you must have a level of self-restraint that I certainly don't possess. It looks like you only get what you absolutely love and that cuts down on the clutter and the havoc.

So cool, so very cool.

My craft room looks like I robbed Michael's several times so I won't show that picture.=)

Staci said...

Elizabeth,
I'll admit to one weakness. chipboard. You should see me in the store. I'm sure I look absolutely ridiculous. I take the same packages of chipboard and pick them up and put them back a zillion times. I bargain with myself OUTLOUD.
"So pretty!"
"NO, you don't need these."
"But they would look so good on *insert name of fictitious LO here*"
"Just use your stash!"

I'm surprised no one has called security on the crazy lady yet.

Serene said...

Holy cow! I find myself wanting to say, "that's all she has????" How can that be? How can she be a scrapper and not be a collector of scrap supplies? I'm at a loss for words! Good for you, though! I could take lesson....or two...or three from you, for sure.

Staci said...

Serene,
Shocking isn't it?! People can't figure out how I work in a classroom and don't have my personal area overflowing either. I sort all of my project ideas in manila folders separated by month.
I wonder if that would work out for LO ideas...

Lora Oliver said...

Stacy, it is a testament to how talented you are that you do not need to hoard gobs of stuff to create the incredible LOs you make. Thank you for sharing.

Brown English Muffin said...

I can second those pictures, she really has it all compact and organized I've seen it with my own eyes!!!! LOL talent comes from within!!!

Staci said...

Lora and M--Thanks so much! :-)

renee said...

You know, I scrap better when I have less to work with. I have a ton of stuff, but I find that if I pull out a page kit worth of stuff to work with, I am so much more productive.

Susan said...

Staci - I'm so glad you shared this! And I agree, you don't need a ton of stuff to be creative. Although I'm still searching for my scrapper/shopper/collector balance. :) Way to go!

Sharon "Sassy" Butler said...

Ohhhhh weeeee..You go girl as for me...no comment! Let's just say when my son visits my room he compares my stuff to the number of Jordans (shoes) he could have had!

Jill said...

I think I probably have about the same amount as you, except I have it in two paper holders, one three ring binder, and four drawers to my china cabinet! No, wait...I also have a couple shoe box sized things of stamps & ink. I'm still using paper that I bought when my almost thirteen year old (next week) was a baby!

courtney said...

Staci, very impressive! I like how well organized and compact you have your space!
I have often had those same conversations with myself many a times while scrapbook shopping...I think the staff are used to it by now! lol