.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dreaming with a Broken Heart

He had a vibrant smile and dimples for days.  I vividly remember his first day of kindergarten last year. It was my birthday. He was very unhappy with the situation and decided to make a run for it. I chased him and sprained my ankle. He would threaten to fire any adult that requested he do something he didn't want to. However, he very quickly won me over. He was articulate and bright. His critical thinking skills were incredibly sharp. He was very possessive of me and wasn't thrilled when the other children wanted my attention.

He said he would miss us at the end of the school year. I wished him well in first grade. He was my boy and I loved him.

My bright, articulate, dimple cheeked student died last night. David was six-years- old. A bus tried to avoid a pedestrian and jumped the curb. The bus crashed into his house, pinning the sleeping child against his bedroom wall. His seven-year old brother was hurt. There were many injuries. My heart is so heavy for his mom as she has to bury her child. I just don't understand...If you pray, please say a prayer for the family......

16 comments:

courtney said...

How tragic and awful! My heart goes out to you and the boy's family for the loss you all must endure.

Sarah Coggins said...

Oh my. Many, many prayers for this family and you. My heart hurts for the loss of such a sweet, innocent child.

Lisa Adair said...

Oh Staci, I read about this yesterday. It is so awful. My heart hurts for you all. Saying many prayers.

Sondra said...

Prayers for you and his family in this tragedy.

Madeline said...

Oh my word...that is so tragic. I will pray for everyone involved. :(

Miss Misi said...

Prayers and thoughts to you all. I saw a story similar to this on the news and now I'm wondering if it was the same. Very sad.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh staci i am so sorry to hear this! my thoughts and prayers are with you and this little boy's family. this is my 24th year teaching and i have lost many of my students. i breaks my heart! be strong!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a sad and tragic story. My heart breaks for everyone who loved him. :(

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness, I am trying not to cry, this is so sad.
I parent should never have to say goodbye to their child this way.
Heartbreaking.
Hugs to you and everyone who knew and loved him.

Staci said...

David's wake/funeral was today. His family is holding up surprisingly well. Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts.

Tiffany said...

Oh my, my heart hurts reading this. I pray for them.

Serene said...

I saw this on the news while I was on vacation in Florida. I was very saddened to hear of this awful tragedy but to learn now he was one of your students just brings it home. So, so sad. ;-(((

Tamika said...

Staci I was reading the article on Yahoo the same day you posted and I just couldn't put it together in my mind. I can't even describe in words how heavy this has weighed on my heart. My deepest prayers and condolensces go out to the family and community.

Nirupama said...

I am so so sorry for your loss and for the family. Praying hard.

NC Peach said...

Sorry to hear about this Staci...continued prayers for you and the family of this special little boy.

Brown English Muffin said...

I remembering hearing it on the news and then to find out he was your child was heart wrenching....