There is an adorable little gal in my class who is very in tune with her feelings. She is very well liked, but sometimes seeing the positive is hard for her. "The other children aren't playing with me. I feel left out and that makes me sad." or "M said my drawing isn't good. Now I feel sad again." Yes, I am directly quoting a five-year-old. I truly marvel at her vocabulary since mom does not speak English. Yesterday she came up to me and said, "Ms. W. , today I feel like a super hero." I could only grin at her revelation and tell her that she should feel like a superhero for on that day she was mine.
So, how are you feeling today?
3 comments:
I'm smiling now.
Thanks for the inspiring story!
:-)
Such a sweet story.
The best thing to teach our kids is to love themselves and what they do.
To be their own superhero :)
Post a Comment