Do you think your name suits you? Have you ever wished that your name was different?
I used to wish that my name was Anastasia, meaning one who will rise again. Never found that name on a license plate but it sounded so regal. I have learned to embrace my name. There was actress, Staci Keanan in the 80's then in the July/August 2009 issue of Memory Makers magazine, the Staci's took over! Staci Etheridge, Staci Compher and I all had layouts in this issue. Being a Staci is pretty cool.

15 comments:
Staci, I feel your pain. My hubby laughs at me for even LOOKING for my name on anything!
But it is nice to be unique... I mean, how many Sondras does anybody know... more than 3???
Except for one year in high school, I was always the only Courtney in the entire school. And that one and only time I had to share my name, it was with a boy. At first I hated my name and it's unique-ness, kids made fun of it for being so different and no, there were no personalized items for the Courtney's of the world either. After a botched attempt to change my name to something normal (my parents said no to all my suggestions, all of which I now forget), I decided I liked my name after all. A lot. Enough that I was a bit put out when it started becoming popular....but that meant personalized stuff was suddenly in my grasp, some of it even spelled correctly!
I will never find my spelling on a rack somewhere. It used to frustrate me beyond reason, but when I received personalized gifts, it made them that much more special.
I wanted to change my name a million times in my 33 years. There was the Lonnie phase, the Rain phase, (blushes), the jewels phase, (THAT remains embarrassing),Phoebe, Penelope, and probably all the alphabet in between. I, too, loved the name Anastasia, BUT it was because you could shorten it to a nickname-- STACI!!!
Now I am just four letter Lora and it works for me. At least for now...
I know exactly what you mean. Personalized items were never to be found for my name. And, of course, every first day of school each year the new teacher's first question to me upon hearing my name was, "Are you?". I was always the only one in school with my name.
One day my mom explained why she named me what she did. She'd been in an orphanage as a young child where there was a nun named Sister Serene. This nun would sneak her ice cream occasionally and made her a rag doll which was the only toy she had. My mom said that nun was the only person who showed her kindness when she was there and that is why she named me after her.
Oh and get this, my Confirmation name is Anastasia! LOL
I used to want to change my name, but now I love it. It's always fun to make fun nicknames out of your name too!
I like my name but have never been able to find anything with it on either,, maybe if I went to France lol
I never even try to look for my name on a rack LOL. When I was growing up, I didn't like my name because no one knew how to pronounce it. I always dreaded the first day of school because whenever the teacher got to my name she would stop for what seemed like forever, then she would either spell my first name, make a really bad attempt at saying it or call me by my last name which was Griswold. Of course all my classmates thought this was incredibly funny and me being extremely shy, would want to run out of the room. However as I became an adult, I grew to love my name. I learned that is is an arabic name that means beautiful and it is totally unique as my mother mispelled it and it is the male form of the name.
Thanks for all of your comments! Glad I'm not alone. I went to the cleaners today to have my jeans hemmed. (Being 5 feet tall I have to have all of my jeans hemmed.) I spelled my name and the lady was very confused. I looked at the slip and my name is spelled STEYCE.
I always wanted a cooler name than Denise growing up. My dad named me after that old song about my name. Stacy (or Staci or Stacey) was one that I always thought was awesome! Might be b/c the most popular girl was named Staci. I am okay w/ my name now but I like my nickname better!
There were 3 other Jennifer's in my year at school, and as a result I've always tried to make myself stand out! One way was easy - they all liked their names to be shortened to Jenny and I didn't. Still today if someone calls me Jenny I correct them to Jennifer. Jenny is NOT my name! x
In high school there were so many Tracy's, but they were all spelled differently.
Not sure if I wanted to change it though.
I had asked my mom how she came up with my name. She told me there was a dog named Tracy and she liked the name. So I said to her, "So you named me after a dog?!?"
Her reply was "Well its dead now"?
"So you named me after a dead dog", lol.
My mama named me after my daddy, Thomas. My name is more often than not pronounced WRONG. I used to wonder why I was the one "blessed" with his name when I have an older sister and brother that could have had the honor, lmbo.
Welll I can certainly echo that no where am I ever able to find my name on anything personalized. I struggled for years accepting my name. I tried to spell it differently so folks wouldn't be so confused and call me Cynthia.I finally as I got older just accepeted love my name :)
Welll I can certainly echo that no where am I ever able to find my name on anything personalized. I struggled for years accepting my name. I tried to spell it differently so folks wouldn't be so confused and call me Cynthia.I finally as I got older just accepeted love my name :)
I wish I had a no-ordinary name. My name is very common here in Italy, in my family we are in 5 with the same name. It has a great meaning ("bright") but..too ordinary!
Post a Comment