It seems that everyone is talking about avocados. Maybe it's because it feels like this ad for Subway sandwich shop is on every few commercials.
I saw a recipe for a bacon guacamole sandwich on Pinterest and was curious. I made it and it was delicious! Why don't you try it? (although it will not give you laser vision, super strength or the ability to fly... (I took some liberties with the original recipe because I'm watching my cholesterol.)
Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich
2 slices veggie bacon
2 slices of whole wheat bread
2 tablespoons of guacamole
2 tablespoons low fat Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon honey mustard
Cook two slices of bacon in a skillet. Let cool. Spread honey mustard onto both slices of bread. Spread guacamole onto the bread. Cut bacon pieces in half. Layer the pieces on top of the guacamole. Finish up by sprinkling Parmesan cheese on top. Close the sandwich and cook over grill for approximately 4-5 minutes. (I love my George Foreman!)
Here is the original recipe:
http://www.ziplist.com/recipes/459300-Bacon_Guacamole_Grilled_Cheese_SandwichI also found a Mocha Smoothie recipe on Pinterest. It was delicious, although my son was annoyed that I tricked him into ingesting spinach. It went a little something like this:
me: "Taste this smoothie."
DS: "What's in it?"
me: "Banana, chocolate, peanut butter. It's so good!"
DS: "What's that gr..."
me (interjects): "Just drink it!!"
DS: "It's kinda good. I taste the peanut butter. What's that green stuff?"
me: "Spinach!"
*Teenaged face in agony* (LOL)
Mocha Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup milk (I used organic vanilla soy milk)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I omitted this.)
- 1 packet instant coffee (I omitted this too.)
- 1 spoonful peanut butter
- 1 large spoonful cocoa powder
- Large handful fresh spinach
- Large handful ice cubes
11 comments:
Nice recipes. I love how you made them healthy. Good going!
I have found some pretty amazing recipes on Pinterest! :)
We eat avocados all the time - it was my 17 year old's 1st food. We're even having some for dinner tonight too. The sandwich sounds very yummy - I'll have to try it that way!!!
Looks yummy. I have not tried anything new yet, I have been stock piling recipes this last week to give some a try.
I'm with Amani on that Mocha Smoothie LOL. The sandwich sounds interesting although I haven't had bacon in a couple of years. Love that you made it healthy.
Wow, this is awesome, I am a die hard AVOCADO fan and LOVE this.. ;)) Yummy.. Thanks for sharing girlie.. ;))
I love that commercial! We do like avocados, and eat them often. No new recipes to share, but want to try yours. Thanks for sharing it!
These both look sooooo good.
Haven't seen that commercial before, cute :)
I loved my George Forman grill as well, until our escaped guinea pig ate the cord :(
That sandwich looks heavenly!!!
Oh I'm sorry I got distracted by Bacon and Avocado in the same sentence. My two food loves...how can you go wrong?? Yeah, I'll definitely be trying that one!
LOL! I love tricking teenagers! All of those sound delicious!
Post a Comment