Today is March 2nd, the birthday of Theodor Geisel, otherwise known as Dr. Seuss. It is also known as Read Across America Day. Green Eggs and Ham has long been one of my favorite children's stories. I love the premise of taking the time to try something new and finding out that you may actually enjoy it. I also love that Dr. Seuss took about 50 of the most common sight words encountered in beginning reading and incorporated them into one book. Anyhoo, my scrapbook club meets on Thursdays so we celebrated one day early. This is what I wore to school. Please excuse my sour expression. I'm not always comfortable in front of the camera.
Here's a close up before I ironed it. :-)
I also wore these earrings
and these sneakers.
My clubbers were really enthusiastic! They listened to the story, Green Eggs and Ham and then went off to different Seuss centers. Activities included the games, What in the Hat?
and Green Eggs and Ham Speedy Diner.
They also made Green Eggs and Ham headbands
and played rhyming words memory.
Green and orange themed snacks were served on this tray.
I got the idea from the super talented Victoria from the obseussed.com website. Here's the post:
http://www.obseussed.com/2012/02/green-eggs-and-ham-snack-tray-diy-craft.html
I'll admit that I didn't exactly read the directions so instead of painting the items directly onto the tray the way Victoria did, I drew and glued them, then added a layer of Modge Podge. The kids enjoyed themselves so much I think I'll have to make a LO about the festivities! :-)


11 comments:
You coordinated that outfit to the tee! I love everything. THat is one of my most treasured memories of my time with my oldest daughter. She would ask me to read Green Eggs and Ham to her every night and I would really get into it. By the end of the book I would be jumping on the bed yelling that I do not like green eggs and hams and she would just giggle and giggle with delight. Dr. Seuss was definitely a master of literature and I treasure my collection. You have a great weekend too!
Oh, what a perfect outfit and a fun-filled celebration you planned for the kids!
I made my mom read "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" so many times when I was little, I still know a good chunk of it by heart....and the rest by a quick glance at the page!
I love Dr Seuss too. The tray you made is so cute. And I think I need that tee.
Oh my goodness you are one of the coolest teachers :)
Sounds like such a fun day :)
OMGosh, what a great outfit from head to toe = perfect :) Must've been one great event! TFS!
Love the shoes! Tee-hee!
Ok, 1st of all, love, love, love the earings and shoes. I need to find these things for my self. And 2nd i adore the fun activities you had planned for the little ones.
Thanks for all of the nice comments! Tiffany, the sneakers are from converse.com, the t-shirt is from 80stees.com and the earrings were found on ebay.
This is awesome!
This is AWESOME!!! I had no idea Green Eggs and Ham was so deliberate. I read Sandra Boynton to my 2.6 year old daughter but I think I will switch her over to Green Eggs and Ham- I would LOVE for her to be able to point those out early! Thank you for swinging by my blog- this is a GREAT post- love the tray and the head bands!
You go girl!!! Love your Dr.Seuss outfit. I bet you're the most fun teacher at your school. And BTW, your expression is NOT sour. Green Eggs and Ham is one of my fav Dr.Seuss books along with Go Dog Go and Are You My Mother. I still have those books from my childhood. I guess they're vintage antiques now LOL.
Post a Comment