Pinterest. It's on almost everyone's lips these days. I resisted the urge to join for a long time. I'm not a big fan of Facebook, the requirement for Pinterest signup. How does (Facebook) know to suggest someone you've never emailed or someone whose email address you blocked 3 years ago to be your friend?? Creepy. I'm not your typical Pinterest user. I rarely log in so I don't "pin" anything per se. I tend to print pictures or take notes of things that I want to try. I have used a few of the education ideas and a couple of the recipes. I really looked forward to trying these peppers.
photo from kalynskitchen.com
My son turned his nose up at them. He can be picky at times so I chalked it up to one of those moments. Then I tried one. It was bland and awful. I have no idea what I did wrong, but it just didn't hit a home run.
Have you had a Pinterest fail? Have you tried something that worked fabulously? Please share.
16 comments:
Pinterest is my new obsession. I have about 200 recipes pinned. I think I have only cooked 3 of them, but they all were really good. Sorry yours wasn't.
I didn't quite get pinterest, until my daughter talked me into it and signed me up.
Love it now.
But being the procrastinator that I am, I always want to get to the bottom of the page before I pin anything and then forget and leave the laptop, lol.
I really like Pinterest as an inspiration board. Whenever I'm in a creative slump, I head there first. All the pretty projects, the various styles, the colors... everything inspires me and has me running back to my crafting room. Hope you give it another try! :-)
They look really good, what's in them? I love Pinterest and pin recipes but I haven't tried any yet.
I've actually had a few Pinterest recipe successes! Only one that I would partially call a fail...and only because it was too salty. I do pin recipes and such, but mostly scrap, sewing, and artsy stuff.
Norma,
1 cup grain brown rice
1 onion
2 tsp. olive oil
2 links Italian Sausage
1/2 tsp. ground fennel
1/2 tsp.oregano
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
I resisted it too. Didn't "get it". Then I logged on and have become obsessed. I will admit it is mostly eye candy and little trying. I have tried one cookie recipe and a fruit dip recipe. So far 2 successes. I guess I should stop looking and the site and start trying the things I keep pinning.
I have to admit that pinterest is addicting. I love the inspiration.
I would probably agree with your son over the green peppers. I'm not a fan. But the photo looks great!
I stalked the site once or twice, but haven't actually succumbed to the dark side.
Sorry the stuffed peppers didn't work out for you....I have a yummy recipe, but the kids still won't touch it. I save it for the hubby and me when there's plenty of kid-friendly leftovers.
Thank you for commenting on my blog... I love new friends.
ahh in a few year's your son will like them...hopefully. At least you cook, I have got where I would rather do something else other than cook(32 year's of cooking) I would rather vacume.
Love,Debbie:)
I am such a late adopter for everything. I do have a Pinterest account, but I can't bring myself to make anything on there yet. I browse around for funny things and do oooh and aaah over fab decor pics, but you are a lot braver than me!
Oh what a bummer! I find I'm probably on Pinterest too much. I do have a number of recipes pinned. Any that I have made, I edit my notes on it to reflect what I thought. There are a few that I have made multiple times and I've completed several projects inspired by it (kids' arts & crafs, home DIY).
I love pinterest. I'm obsessed. I have so many smash book type journals, vision/dream boards. I was becoming overwhelmed with items I was printing. I can't find a single cookbook that combines all of my families allergies so I've created my own. It's massive. Pintrest allows me to keep up with a lot of it electronically. Terri
That cartoon is too funny. I just pinned it LOL
I am afraid of Pinterest. It looks like another reason to be on the computer all day and not get anything else done.
[grin]
I made the "crack bread" recipe that everyone was posting, where you slice the round bread loaf kind of criss-cross and mix butter and ranch dressing then add bacon and cheese, sounded good but was SO SALTY and really didn't taste all that good to me. Pinterest Fail. But I have made a few things, like the hot corn dip and the rotel cups that were delicious!
Post a Comment