.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Lights, Camera, Action!


A motion picture is being made about your life. What kind of film would it be? Comedy, action, drama, other? Which actress would play you? Who would be your leading man?

If a movie was being made about me it would be called "Walking Like Sophia". It would probably be a romantic comedy. My role would be played by Nia Long


even though "SO" (Ya know, it pains me to say it but sometimes recycling really does only belong curbside. I hate failing. He will be referred from here on out as "that guy") thinks I look more like Kerry Washington.


Yeah. He's crazy. I think he only sees that we both have large foreheads and full lips. That guy would be
played by Boris Kodjoe.
(No, that guy does not look like him but he's bald with a goatee.) Yum. Boris. I'd like to be Nia's stand in for all the romantic scenes.

 This Black Butterfly Cinemas presents:

"Walking Like Sophia" is the story of one petite woman with a big presence. She's sassy and no nonsense ...until he comes along. She's determined not to fall for him until he challenges her to let her guard down and stop "walking like Sophia."

The meaning of the title:  I know many short people who have a Napoleon complex. We need to make our tiny presence known. I have this cute pair of black boots. I just knew that I was walking fiercely like Tyra Banks in them. That guy commented that when I wear them he always knows when I'm coming.

"Why you walking so hard like you're mad? Why are you stomping in here? I can see you babe."

I immediately thought of Oprah Winfrey as Sofia in The Color Purple going to meet Harpo's family for the first time.

I'm learning to tone it down. ;-)
 
*Now it's your turn... Your movie. What genre of film is it? Comedy, action, drama, other? What actress is playing you? Who would be your leading man?*

5 comments:

Brown English Muffin said...

This was cute!!!

Tracy said...

I am very tiny and when I wear heels I feel tall, and noticed. And yes people know who I am by the way I walk. I also walk very fast, I am always leaving my 6ft hubby behind, lol.
My story would be called "You belong".

Tiffany said...

I will call it great casting with the lead woman and YUMMY casting for the guy.

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

Mine would have to be a drama, although, really, I'd want it to be comedy. =)

I don't know who would play me, but hopefully, she'd be okay with swearing a lot and drinking lots of Dr. Pepper. =)

Serene said...

Nice casting and it sounds like a fun movie about your life.

My life is so boring, they'd never make a movie out of it!