.

Friday, July 8, 2011

One Less Lonely Girl

Should I post a Justin Bieber video here? Waaaaait!! Don't leave!  I started scrapping right around the time I got pregnant with my DS. I kept pictures and memorabilia in a magnetic album back in high school but didn't start scrapping the "safe" way until my son was 4 years old. That was when I met Erika and Jennifer (separately). I loved that we could scrap and shop at the LSS together.We discussed techniques and everything else under the sun. Within a year they both moved away.
     Over the years I made new scrappy friends.  One by one they moved all across the country, running far away from the cost of NY living. I cherish the relationships I have cultivated with my online girls.  They have been a source of joy and inspiration for me. (Hi Gemiel, Hi Kem!) I do miss having someone to scrap with in person.
      I have looked at some of the meeting websites and checked the summer class schedule at AC Moore. (AC Moore only has cake decorating classes offered during the month of July) Where can I put in an application for a scrappy friend so that I can be one less lonely girl? *Do you have scrappy friends?*

15 comments:

Susan said...

Most of my scrappy friends are just my "imaginary" friends. (read internet friends - LOL!) I do have one local scrappy friend, but she mostly watches me scrap. :/

KB said...

Oh, I hear ya. Most of the time when I get to scrap is in the wee hours of the morning after everyone is to bed and the rest of the work I bring home is finished. Hang in there!

MyCuriousCrafts said...

LOL - I do not have any local scrap friends but my Blog friends are very special to me. I find myself scrapping late a night. I am now a follower...thanks for leaving me such a nice comment. ~Shen

Johanna said...

I don't have IRL scrappy friends either... I wish I has though, it must be special to be able to scrap with someone and share like you used to do!! :)

Gemiel said...

Staci, you can always come to VA and scrap with me :). I am blessed to have some scrappy friends. One bestie that I met at a crop 10 years ago and found out that she knew my Mom, and several others that I introduced to scrapbooking. Guess that's one way to get scrappy friends. Turn you friends into scrapbookers LOL.

Unknown said...

I just moved to a new area and I have NO IRL scrappy friends here. I used to have ONE, but now I'm down to NONE. I just have to get along with the online pals I have!

Good luck finding a pal!

Tania said...

I am super lucky that I do have a strong core group of scrappy friends. I have one friend I scrap with pretty much weekly, and another group of friends who I scrap with at least quarterly, sometimes more. Some of them live out of town, so for all six of us to get together takes planning. Heck, even for the locals, because of commitments to family and such, it can be tough.

Serene said...

I only have 1 scrappy friend but I'm not far from you Staci. Any time you want to get together to play and scrap just give me a holla! It would be so much fun!

Staci said...

Awww! I'd love to cyber crop with all of you! :-)

S, I'll be talking to ya!

Tracy said...

I do scrap with my SIL. I also have one girlfriend that scraps. We go away once a year on our own little scrap get away.
But I mostly scrap alone, but love the feed back from my blogging friends :)

Mary Jo said...

I do, but don't get to see and scrap with them as much as I would like!

Sarah Coggins said...

Most of mine are "imaginary" as well. I do have a local friend that stamps and we get together from time to time.

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

awww. i totally feel ya. most of the scrap stores have closed down in LA, and last year, almost out of sheer desperation to actually do something next to a *real human being with the same interest* i almost drove down to San Diego!

Lisa Adair said...

Add me to the group of "imaginary" friends. I've not found anyone near me that scraps...but in all honesty I haven't done much to seek anyone out. But ya know...skype, it's a wonderful thing and it's made made my "imaginary" friends seem more real! Plus they can't borrow my stuff that way!! :)

I do have a group of friends that live about 2 hours away and we get together twice a year for 4 days to scrap and just hang! I love that time!

Brown English Muffin said...

I feel so guilty reading this post...we live so close and yet I never seem to have a second to scrap :( I have to do better.