.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Future layouts....

Do you keep a list of layouts that you would like to create or do you come up with ideas on the fly? I used to sketch my future LOs in a little notebook along with journaling or quotes I wanted to use. This sketch is one that I used when DS was in elementary school. I changed it up a little but the page wound up being pubbed in an issue of Memory Makers magazine.
I find now that I'm starting to have a hard time coming up with catchy titles for my pages. The layout I posted on June 20th about Hawaii is entitled "Hawaii" (yawn) LOL.

Here is a list of layouts I would like to create in the future:

1. Scrapbook Club
2. My love for all things kindergarten
3. My son and the drums
4. DS's "rocker" hair
5. Speaking/Writing in Spanish


*Do you have a future layout list?*
*What's the hardest part of creating a LO for  you?*

11 comments:

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

i've been scribbling layout ideas in the notebook i carry around with me. here's the thing, my handwriting is so poor, when i go back to assess my "brilliant idea" i can't tell if it says dogs or clogs or God or what.

MyCuriousCrafts said...

Staci, you have amazing talent. I can't wait to see the awesome layouts you create from your sketches. ~Shen

Gemiel said...

I guess I'm more of a scrapper on the fly. I don't start with a sketch nor do I plan layouts in advance. I just decide what photos I'm in the mood to scrap and start searching through my stash for papers and embellishments to go with them. After that I start to plan the layout.

Lisa Adair said...

I guess I'm a on the fly scrapper. I think of all these ideas I love, but since I don't write them down, I can't even begin to remember them when I do get a chance to scrap. You'd think I would have learned and would start having a little notepad handy!

Staci said...

Elizabeth-When I went back to look at this sketch recently I couldn't read the first word at the bottom. It took me a couple of seconds to realize it was Foofala. I remember when those letters were all the rage. :-)

Shen thank you! You are an amazing card maker! I think I have only posted a few of cards in the last 3 years.

Gemiel, I've been told that I have to become more adventurous since I got a digital camera and stop trying to preplan everything LOL!

Lisa, I tend to be forgetful so I have to write things down. I usually make a very detailed grocery list and then forget it or lose it somewhere between the house and the store.

Susan said...

I NEED to make a layout list. I tend to forget things; I'm sure I have lots of scrap worthy material that I haven't thought of yet! Lately the hardest part of creating a layout has been titles, as well. Mine seem to ho-hum as of late. :/ Like your sketch BTW; mine would have totally had stick people on it. :o)

Sarah Coggins said...

I have a few ideas jotted and occasional sketches when something comes to mind. The hardest thing for me is when I have an idea, but just can't seem to get it right in my design. Does that make sense? Stuck on one like that right now.

Staci said...

Susan, I so hear ya on the titles. Everytime I think I'm being clever my DS is like, "Mom, that's so lame!" Pffft! What does he know!

Sarah, I do get having the vision in your head that just won't materialize onto a layout. I have actually yelled, "Get out of my head and onto the paper!" It didn't work.

~EssenseVibez~ said...

hey staci---check this out!!

http://youtu.be/cni_XArhmNc

Jill said...

Oh that would be EVERYTHING! I can't even remember the last time I did a layout. :-( And there are like three half done ones in my closet that I started YEARS ago!

But when I was big into scrapbooking, I never sketched anything out. I got out what I wanted to use & then moved it around on the page until I liked the way it looked.

Brown English Muffin said...

Yes I have a list as long as my arm of pages I'd like to do...now as soon as I can change the day from 24 hours to 48 hours I'll start scrapping away!