.

Friday, November 8, 2013

A Blast From the Past...

I found this layout in a folder on my computer this week.  My son was 12 when I made it!
 Journaling:
 Who's the master? Okay, maybe you're not exactly a chess master yet, but you are well on your way.  You had never really played chess before so I was surprised when you chose it to fulfill your after school club requirement for honor society. You quickly learned the names of the playing pieces and the intricacies of the game.
     I was so proud when your chess instructor chose you to participate in the Thomas Mansfield Chess Tournament (named after the late father of your school grounds director) Mr. Mansfield was quite impressed with your chess playing skills. He thought you had been playing the game for some time because you had taken to it so easily. I'm proud of you kiddo. You look like a master to me…

Techniques:
-I stamped the image of the chess pieces on the cardstock and then printed the journaling over it.
-I outlined the black chess piece with a white paint pen.

Story behind the layout:
I was so pleased when my son Amani chose chess as his after school activity. It was very rewarding to see how quickly he became passionate about playing the game. The opening and ending sentences originated from one of our favorite 80’s karate films, The Last Dragon.

Patterned paper is by Basic Grey and Daisy D. The chess stamp behind the journaling is by Stampers Anonymous.

7 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

Fab page! I really love the journaling!

courtney said...

Great layout, wonderful memories!

Serene said...

It's so nice to look back on work you did years ago. You get to see how your child and your scrapping style have grown. Nice layout. Love the pattern paper.

Sarah Coggins said...

What a nice layout! I like the warm colors and title placement. Can't remember the last time I played chess! Need to dig it out and dust it off. :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

Awesome page! What a great memory

Tamika said...

This is an awesome page and I love watching the concentration of chess players and he looks so into it. Excellent job!

renee said...

What a great find. I am terrible at putting layouts in my books.