http://www.bigpictureclasses.com/onelittleword.php
I have never paid for a class before (and have no plans to anytime soon) but the whole idea of having a word to focus on was interesting. I finally decided on my word for the year: RELEASE. This is so true of me:
It is incredibly difficult for me to let go in what appears to be a losing situation. When I set my mind on something, I will try my best to make it happen. After all, it's important for to me to check accomplishments off my list, even if the list is only in my head. With that said I will learn to RELEASE that which does not serve me well. That includes people. I will RELEASE mistakes from years ago; beating myself up about them and going over in my head what I could have done differently. I will RELEASE the picture in my mind of what I thought my life was supposed to look like.
This seems like a good place to start. Next week's post: My One Little Word layout. Have a great weekend!



8 comments:
I'm familiar with "One little word" but have never done it before. Your word sounds like a really good one to focus on!
Also, I love the last quote about the behind the scenes moments. How very true.
Oh Staci, I really like the last quote and believe I may have to use it in something. It is so true!
I skipped the one little word last year, but am back on it this year.
I really like your word you've picked to focus on.
Mine is accept. I think this year I need to really work at accepting that while life might not be where I had planned or hoped, mainly for my kids, that I just need to accept it is where it is, and find the positive in it.
We are apparently thinking very much alike. I have also picked Release as my word this year. I look foward to seeing you have a wonderful 2013.
I think it is a great word!
And just saw it on Tiffany's blog, too.
Great word. Love the last picture. My word this year is create. I am looking forward to a year of creating the life I want to live!
I have yet to try my hand at "one little word" but see so many doing it this year. I am unfamiliar with the idea, I should really go and read up on it though.
I think your word is a great one. That is something a lot of us need to work on.
I get so attached to people and stuff that I know I should let go of, but can't.
I feel bad if we buy a new vehicle as I feel sad for the old one, lol.
I always want to join in on this but my word never seems to stick after January...I'm still thinking about 2013 so I may decide upon it and create a SMASH book around it so that I stick to the concept...love your word choice though :)
Great word-can't wait to see your layout on it!
Post a Comment