.

Friday, January 25, 2013

Layout Share: Kwanzaa 2012

Hello, everybody!  I can't believe that January is drawing to a close already! Last weekend was crazy with cleaning, shopping, reorganizing and such. I did manage to get one simple layout done. The title, "Heri Za Kwanzaa" means Happy Kwanzaa in Swahili. The blue/green background paper is Kioshi by Basic Grey. The other side has a cute floral pattern.  I have no idea who makes the African themed paper.  I found it in the stash. Anyone?

 
The Kwanzaa book pictured at the top right hand side of the layout is really special to us. We  have had it since our first Kwanzaa celebration when DS was 15 months old. ( He's 18 now.)

I have had some flair buttons for awhile but this is only the second one I have used. (The other was used in November 2010!) The one on this layout says Document. I love the Etsy shops that sell flair. These two are my absolute favorites! A Flair for Buttons  and Campfire Designs .

Supplies used on this layout:  
        Thickers are American Crafts.The title is Hardcover.
The black pearls are by Queen and Company. The color is Nightfall. :-)

                       Have a great weekend!

16 comments:

MiaW said...

Nice layout. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Adair said...

I really like your picture placement Staci. The layout just seems to flow perfectly. I think your paper choices are great and I really like how you documented this special tradition you have.
Very nice layout!

courtney said...

I also really like your photo placement.
Great layout, great papers, great memories!

Gemiel said...

Fabulous layout Staci!!! Don't know who made that paper, but I love it!! I was just looking at a Kwanzaa card you made for me years ago. It was dated 2001. Time sure does fly :).

Lisa Echerd said...

I love the arrangement of your layout. Great collage and product choices. I like how you used the borders below your collage.

Barbara said...

what a great layout. I love the papers. So rich in colour.

Sondra said...

I really love all of the patterns near the bottom of the layout and the lettering over them. It manages "simple" and "complex" at the same time. LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

Such Beautiful work!!!! Absolutely stunning! Thank you for visiting MY little blog which led me to your fantastic site!!!

Fawn said...

Awesome layout and a great story. I love the African paper! If you find out by whom it's made, please let me know.

Sarah Coggins said...

Beautiful layout! I like the collage of photos and what a special treasure that book is. :)

Unknown said...

What a great design this is~ well done!!

xErin

Tracy said...

This is a great layout.
Fun colours earthy colours.

D said...

That is awesome that you have had the book for so long. One day you'll scrapbook a picture of you reading it your grandchild :) Gorgeous paper!

Unknown said...

This looks great! Love the colors :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

Love this layout!

Naomi Edwards said...

Wow Staci! How nice to be able to cherish these memories is style! I love your layout , gorgeous job!! It was so nice to see you at my blog today!!! hugs