.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Art and Life

If you could make a living by being creative/creating art, what would you do?


If I could make a living out of art, I would create my own scrapbook magazine. It would include more diverse holiday layouts, tips on photographs to flatter all shades of people, letters to the editor, scrap clubs/scrap happenings and reader submissions that include articles, photos, poetry and altered paper crafts. I'm sure that these things exist out in the scrap world somewhere; but I don't subscribe to the mags anymore to see what's out there. I'll have to start reading them again....

10 comments:

Michelle Hernandez said...

I think I would start a stamp company- not only do I love working with background stamps but I would love to see some stamps in the market that reflected the diversity in this country. I don't even think it has to be obviously cultural- just stamps with curly hair for example- it's very frustrating to look and LOOK and not find yourself reflected anywhere. That or I would open up a cafe- can't decide. ;) Thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

I would love to work on designing patterned paper. that would be so fun!

scrappymo! said...

I'm retired now so long past the urge to work...but I sure agree with your reasons. There is not enough diversity in layouts published etc.

I hope you win the lottery and can open your own magazine!

Tracy said...

I would just love to make things, but with no pressure....ya, that wouldn't work, lol.
Love your idea.

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

I think the scrapbooking world would be LUCKY to have you create a magazine. I've never seen a LO on here that looked rushed or not cohesive or boring at all.

What I'm trying to say is...you rock. ;)

Staci said...

Thanks for all of the comments, ladies! :-)

Gemiel said...

It would have something to do with scrapbooking, but with no deadlines and no pressure. I have had the opportunity to make a little money thru scrapbooking in the past and the deadlines and creating to please others took a lot of the fun and joy out of it.

Tiffany said...

I would like to open a store/studio space. People could come in to shop but there would also be lots of classes and some catering to the younger crowd to get them started on crafting young.

Miss Misi said...

I would like to be a photographer! Ooh, and make girly things like hairbows and jewelry. However, I'd submit to your magazine. ;)

tm1 said...

My preference would be to create affordable organic fabric, scrapbook papers, & adhesive that are free of the top 10 allergens. As someone that is allergic to soy; it's a pain to fall in love w/ sb paper only to find it's printed with soy ink.
I've also had a serious allergic reaction to some adhesives. Glue should not sting & burn if it gets on your fingers.
I've also had trouble finding the perfect fabric to make curtains for my craftroom or my kitchen.

Terri