#788 The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
#439 Snails can sleep up to three years.
Rub it in why don't cha, Snapple. Okay, so maybe I don't want to sleep for three years. I sure miss a good night's sleep though. This morning I finally fell asleep around 6:30 am and was up at 8:30 am preparing to run errands. I've had sleep issues for years, but it always gets worse when I'm on vacation. So, what do you do on the occasional sleepless night??
10 comments:
when insomnia strikes, i feel absolutely powerless. no amount of late night infomercials or boring radio will cure me. i've tried that warm milk thing...total myth.
if you find a cure, please share.
I use melaton most nights. Fall straight to sleep, sleep a full 8 hours. You can get it at most pharmacies.
I don't usually have trouble falling asleep. I just make up a happy little thought and fall asleep.
Sorry I can't help you :(
When I can't sleep I usually read and that makes me tired. Drinking hot tea usually works too, I find that I need to just relax. Although those nights where I have a milliong things running through my head I just need to write it all down and then I probably fall asleep in 7 minutes :)
Elizabeth--Infomercials have a hypnotic effect on me. I'm the person going, "Wow! I could really use that!" I rarely buy anything but am amazed by portable grills and supermops.
Renee-I wish I could do that! I used to use melatonin. I was on cloud 9! I think my body got used to it after awhile.
Tracy-you lucky stiff you!
Bella-is that how you get so much reading done?! I am always amazed by the amount of things you accomplish.
Try Melatonin, natural sleep aid. No wheat, yeast, gluten, milk, lactose, sugar, preservatives, soy, artificial color, flavor or salt. Appropriate for people experiencing occasional sleeplessness, those with jet lag or those wanting to promote sound, quality sleep.
If you want a lasting supply try Costco-$6, 300 ct., or you can try your local drug store but you will pay twice as much for half the amount. No RX needed. A friend introduced me to this magic pill last month at a beach retreat and I am beyond thankful.
I usually don't have issues falling asleep either. However, I do have trouble staying asleep from time to time. In that case, get up to read my Bible or pull out that journal. That usually does the trick! Hope you find a solution that works for ya!
Ouch! Poor thing! The average is only 7 minutes? hmmm That's probably right for me. I just get frustrated when I lay there for an hour plus.
Sorry for the lousy night of sleep (or lack thereof). I usually have no problem AT ALL falling asleep. I probably beat that seven minute thing by a long shot.
It's staying asleep that I'm bad at. I wake up at 3:00 am and can't get back to sleep, or even worse 4:00 (since the alarm goes off at five, it's almost not even worth trying). The only thing that really helps me is to just lie there and tell myself that resting is better than nothing.
It's funny that you sleep WORSE on vacation. I usually sleep so much better on vacation. I think that knowing I can have a nap later on sort of eases the pressure and I don't have quite as much trouble.
Fortunately I don't have too many problems sleeping....tho I go for the dull tv or maybe a bit of reading.
Post a Comment