.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"If You Don't See What You Want...

it's time to order something...Off The Menu...." I finally finished reading this book and I absolutely loved it. I took my time reading because I really wanted to make it last! Christine Son's book, Off The Menu is about a trio of successful Asian -American women. Hercules Huang is the strong chef who cares for her aging (critical and ungrateful) father. Whitney is a talented lawyer in a prestigious law firm while Audrey is the adopted daughter of a rich power couple who have fallen out of love. Audrey's parents frown upon on her wanting to marry a fellow teacher. . Each woman holds a different aspiration but must deal with the expectations of  their families...and each other. The friendships of the three women was real and enjoyable. I highly recommend this book.

6 comments:

Kendall said...

YAY!! I love book reviews!! Happy you liked it! I'll have to add it to my 2012 reading list :)

Tracy said...

Thanks for the review.
I can't wait till summer, that is when I do a lot of reading :)

Susan said...

I've been wanting to get back into reading. I need more books and less computin',late at night. TFS!

The Crafty Caryn said...

Thanks for the reviews...I just bought it today. Can't wait to start reading it.

Elizabeth-FlourishInProgress said...

Oh thank god. I've been reading some terrible books and need a good one to break up the spell.

Brown English Muffin said...

Just added it to goodreads to read later, it sounds like a really good book.