.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

I'm Going Crazy...Wanna Come Along??

The TA was nestled all snug in her bed, while visions of assessments stomped 'round her head...This entire week the children have been tested on various Math and ELA (English Language Arts ) skills. It must have gotten to me because I had the most bizarre dream last night! I had to go to all of the teachers and administer assessments to them. I knew somehow that getting this task done would have a large impact on my yearly evaluation. I walked the seemingly endless corridors in my Dorothy from "The Wizard of Oz"  Halloween costume and furry winter boots looking for teachers to test. One teacher hid under the table and refused to come out, another flat out said that the test was an insult to her intelligence and to tell the principal that she said so. Another refused to take the test because Mrs. M said not to. Somehow I managed to get the testing done but couldn't find the Math directions to put in the folder. I knew that missing directions would result in a severe penalty. I tried borrowing a copy from another teacher but was told that she was on a slow cruise to China and would be back the following day (???). I woke up with my principal paging my SO and a coworker over the PA system. Totally weird....

6 comments:

Serene said...

What a wacky dream! Ha! Ha! But I totally love the idea of teachers having to take the tests for a change!

emily said...

dreams are so odd! Hope your next week is a little less hectic :)

Stephanie said...

That's too funny!!!

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

we need to get you away from that school for a little bit and send you to the spa! you've got school on the brain!!

Sarah Coggins said...

Glad to hear someone else has wacky dreams! LOL And isn't it nice to wake up and realize that it was *just* a dream. :)

Staci said...

Yes--I'm having too many nutty school dreams! I wonder if the elements in my dreams represent something else.