.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Beautiful...

There are so many things that make women beautiful. Some of our striking qualities include the curve of our hips, the small of our backs and the inner strength and softness we can exude simultaneously. I mention these things because I read a thread on Two Peas asking a most powerful question. When was the last time that you truly felt beautiful? I read response after response and was really surprised that so many women said they have never felt that way. It is so hard to fathom and it makes me sad. I felt beautiful on the day I became engaged, the night I gave birth to my son and many moments since then.  Just last week, SO gave me this look that is hard to describe. He intently locked his eyes with mine. It wasn't a "Bom-chicka-wow-wow" gaze either. I felt beautiful at that moment looking back into his eyes. Luckily though, I don't need SO to make me feel that way. So, spill people...When was the last time that you truly felt beautiful??

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Powerful question.
My hubby makes me feel beautiful everyday. Last time I felt beautiful for me was a few years ago. The reason was I took care of myself and was healthy. Yup have to get back to that.

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

I feel beautiful when I manage to get my lazy butt out of sweatpants and I actually put on something decent to wear. I feel instantly more confident and more womanly. It doesn't even have to be anything fancy, just something not stained with food. =)

Brown English Muffin said...

how sweet of SO