.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

All the Single Ladies...



I just watched a most fascinating new series called Jilted? on WE TV. The premise of the show is that a girlfriend who wants to be a wife goes on camera and gives her intended an ultimatum; marry me (in ONE week) or it's over. The woman plans the wedding of her dreams with the cameras rolling and then walks down the aisle. She must wait to see if her beloved will show up and whether or not he will accept the proposal. If he does show, she has to recite her vows before she finds out if he will say yes. I know that loving someone involves opening yourself up to the chance that you could be hurt but... whaaaaat?

I can just envision doing this with my SO. (He hates surprises.) Let's picture it shall we?

*Cameras are rolling close by. A giant mike hovers overhead. SO has a deer- in- headlights look on his face.*

ME: "Baby, I know that you were hit in the head and kidnapped  graciously agreed to come to this relationship seminar with me. (gulp) I have a confession to make. There is no seminar. We are really here because today I'm asking you to marry....."

HIM: "What the bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep?!" (The censors are working overtime.)

Cut to back of SO's head as he storms off.

ME: "Baby, where you going?"

And scene!! Nah, I don't think that would equal a full episode. :-P


How do you think your man would respond if you were on Jilted?

11 comments:

holly* said...

haha! i dont know how husband would react to this. probably roll his eyes at me and say "oh holly"...

Serene said...

I haven't heard of this show yet. I'll have to dvr an episode so I can check it out. I can't help but wonder how many guys would actually go through with the marriage I do's in a forced setting like that which the show presents. One would think most would make a rather hasty exit as in your scenario. LOL

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

Staci, can I just say that I always, always, always enjoy your posts so much and even though I'm a subscriber and I get notifications when you do update, I occasionally check in just to make sure you didn't put anything new up. yeah, I'm a stalker. sorry about that.

this is freaking hilarious! I don't even want to know what my husband would do.

Staci said...

Holly, your hubs would be mighty tame, LOL. That's cool.

Serene- There was one guy who was lik, "I'm not really pleased at this ultimatum thing." He looked a little annoyed but he seemed to take it in stride.

Elizabeth honey, the feeling is mutual! I so love reading your posts. :-) Your style is awesome.

Marcie said...

I can't imagine putting your emotions on display like that. I'm too much of a chicken!

Sue Althouse said...

Wow, that is just crazy! What will TV think of next? Thanks for your comment on my blog!

Brown English Muffin said...

Wow what an embarrassing show who would envision such a thing!!!

Staci Taylor said...

i'm laughing so hard right now! that sounds like my kind of show lol ;-)

Staci said...

Marcie-I second that emotion. *Bock bock*

Sue- You haven't seen the newest show? "Bridalplasty!" I kid you not! The ladies compete for a dream wedding and plastic surgery!

M and Staci-I know right?! The last episode was crazy. The groom said no. (Their relationship had been long distance.)He asked if they could marry in a year. She was PO'ed and said no.

Jill said...

Oh my gosh!!!! And can you imagine the story you'd have to tell your grandchildren if he said yes? "How did grandpa propose?" "Well, you see...he didn't. I threw a temper tantrum on national television, demanded that he marry me and rather than see me humiliated in front of the entire TV watching audience, he reluctantly agreed to do the vows." My daughter told me about that bride-plasy whatever it is show. Scary.

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA ... I'd never heard of this show...but FORGET **HIS** EMBARRASSMENT.

**I** don't like to be embarrassed!!LOL I don't like public scenes of anything - except affection - in any shape or form.

No way I get my face cRaCkEd on national television. ROFL

Nope - I'd be mortified.