.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

In the blink of an eye...



life can change completely, can't it? Yesterday I ran out to mail some letters. The post office was already closed, but I decided to place the correspondence in one of the boxes outside. There was an older woman with a kind face parked in front of me. She was waiting for the traffic to pass so that she could get back into her car. I smiled and waved at her and she smiled and waved at me. We had never met before.

After slipping the mail into the box, I decided to redeem some cans and bottles at the grocery store which is less than two blocks up. There is a large tree in front of the market. A car had crashed into it. Someone was already on a cell phone; presumably calling the authorities while another person calmed the victim. You guessed it--It was the lady I had just seen at the post office. The police had arrived before I left.

We never know exactly what will happen at the end of the day so I think it is important to try to leave each personal meeting on a positive note....Therefore it is with a heavy heart that I tell you my mother passed away yesterday afternoon. She was always a feisty person so when she stopped fighting in the hospital and began to be still I knew it was time. We bumped heads a lot. I felt like I could never please her. We were just too much alike. The more I find out about my mom's background makes me realize that she was just trying to shield me from the hurt and mistakes she felt that she had made in her lifetime. This is an old photo of my mom.
*Kiss your loved ones and let them know how much they mean to you.*


Alicia Keys-Like You'll Never See Me Again

26 comments:

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

Your Mom was gorgeous!! I am so terribly sorry for your loss.

Cece

Jerilynn said...

Love that photo of your mom! So very sorry for your loss and glad to see that you are gaining more understanding of your Mother's ways. I hope that understanding brings you comfort.

**MIGNONNE** said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You mom was a beautiful lady and I can tell for your sweet post that she did an excellent job raising you to be a loving woman. I hope you find the comfort that you need at this time.

A Fanciful Life said...

I'm very sorry for your loss. I admire you for being able to write your post during this time of sadness and grief. I know that relationships with our moms can be difficult at times. It's wonderful you know that she really loved you and was doing what a mom does: protect her babies.

Carla said...

Staci, I'm am so very, very sorry for your terrible loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts...take care.

Grace2882 said...

Alicia I am so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful woman. I am glad that are making peace with the relationship that you had. Peace be with you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your mother was beautiful.

wholarmor said...

So sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you were able to come to terms with why she treated you the way she did. That's really hard to do sometimes. I love that picture of your mom. What a beautiful lady!

Staci Taylor said...

Oh staci, I was coming in here hoping to see an update with a different outcome. I am so so sorry for your loss, my friend. Life truly can change in the blink of an eye, and I am sending many prayers that you find peace along your journey of grief. I got chills reading about the woman crashing into the tree too, wow. Take care of yourself, staci. Thinking of you!!

DebW said...

Staci, I'm so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family during this difficult time.

LadyBug said...

What a lovely picture of your mother Staci. I hope that she is resting in peace now and I pray for your strength in all of this and most importantly I'm sorry for you and your family's loss.

emily said...

I'm so sorry...

Nicky said...

So sorry for your loss ...

T-Baby said...

I am very saddened and sorry for your loss.

Sasha Farina said...

oh darling.. I'm so sorry for your loss. *hugs* i'll be thinking of you..

Prazdance said...

Dear Staci,
My condolences to you and your family for your loss. May you be blessed by and cherish all the memories of your Mom, and may you be strengthened each and every day you walk it out.
Peace and Blessings,
Karen

Pam said...

I am sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful woman, thank you for sharing her photo and her with us. Hang in there!

Tiare said...

I am sad to hear this and will hold in my thoughts. May the love and support of friends and family keep and comfort you. (((((HUGS)))))

Cynta said...

oh so sorry to hear of your loss, I will be praying for you and your family during this difficult time.
Cynta

Sarah Coggins said...

What a lovely photo. Your mother was stunning. Sending lots of ((HUGS)) and prayers. So very sorry for your loss, Staci.

Audrey said...

I will keep you in my prays,keep writing it will help your heavy heart. Sending all my love, I will add you to our prayer list.
Audrey

renee said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family lifted up in prayers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Staci said...

Ladies, thank you so much for your kind words. They mean a lot.

sylv said...

May peace be with you.

Lisa @celebrate CREATIVITY said...

Wow, what a beautiful photo of your mom.

I'm sorry for your loss. Take care.

Lisa Sanford said...

So sorry to hear about your mom. You know the healing power of scrapbooking and you'll create some amazing pages about her life. My love is in the air to you.