.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

It Wasn't an April Fool's Joke...

They always say if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. Well, I planned to go to work a half hour early today to complete the April bulletin board for my classroom. When I went outside to put my things in the car I was greeted by an empty driveway. Car.gone. My neighbors have new and beautiful cars and I'm sportin' a 1999 beat up compact car. I frantically called the police and started scouring the neighborhood. I just didn't want to believe that my car was stolen.

Guess what?! I found my car--parked next to a fire hydrant! The side panel was popped off and my steering column and ignition were taken apart. The perpetrators actually took a McDonald's run in my car. They had large sweet teas and Filet-O-fish. Yep, they left everything in the car.(Didn't even leave me a fry! ) They also threw away my driving pillow. (I am 5 feet tall and can't see over the dashboard in my low car---Stop laughing!!) After calls to my insurance company, a police report and a ride to work in a tow truck, I did complete my bulletin board.

I am a little freaked out that someone came onto my property to take my car but I'm glad that I had taken all of my teacher supplies in the house. Nothing of value was taken and no one was hurt.

5 comments:

Miss Misi said...

That sucks! I hope you get it worked out.

Carla said...

gosh staci...sorry, I would feel so violated.

LadyBug said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. Things like that make you feel so violated. I hate people who take things that don't belong to them!

Sarah Coggins said...

How horrible and scary! So glad that you weren't hurt. I hope the police catch those responsible.

Staci Taylor said...

Oh girl, i'm so sorry! I had my car stolen back when I was in college - it's such an awful feeling (and mine was an old beat up thing too, lol)! Glad you got it back, but i'm sorry you had to go through that!!