.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy and a Look Back at 2008




See this handsome dude? He's my dad. I can imagine him posing and thinking that my mom will think he looks hot in this photo LOL. He passed away in 1993. Usually on his birthday I mope and focus on my flaws. Then I mull over all of the things I feel that I should have accomplished by now. This year I'm going to try something different. I want to center on the good things that have occurred in the last 365 days.

* I found a really nice church where I feel more at home.

* I stopped being shy and stepped up more at work. I finally starting showing my new principal all that I'm capable of doing. Now, I'm even busier than ever!! :-)

* I had two layouts published in Memory Makers magazine in the past year. (One more pending-woohoo!;-)

* I have been forging a much healthier relationship with SO. I decided to hang up my "super-woman-I-can-do-it-all-by-myself-I-don't-need-a-man" cape and show him my softer side more often.

* I have just about survived my son being 14. We're still very close. :-)

* I got my car back today! I feel much better about it with the added security features.

* I have an absolutely terrific group of children this year! Their growth amazes me on a daily basis.

* I have made decisions that will make my finances look much better for the future.

Have a fabulous day everyone! :-)

6 comments:

Carla said...

You have such a great and positive attitude Staci! How wonderful! I'm glad that you feel like you got it all under control...that is really hard these days.
And sorry about your father but I'm sure he's proud of you :)

Staci Taylor said...

What a handsome man your daddy was, staci - i'm sorry for your loss :-( You listed so many great things, though, and i'm proud of you for changing your outlook on how to handle this day - you have a lot to be excited and proud about!

Sarah Coggins said...

He was a very handsome man! Too funny about what he might have been thinking. :) Love the list of good things and I'm sure he would be proud that you took his birthday as an opportunity for that.

Elayne said...

I always thing about my daddy on his birthday, too.
Thought I was the only one!

A Fanciful Life said...

Good for you - keep up the sunny outlook! You are clearly making the most of your life today.

LadyBug said...

That is all so wonderful Staci. Moving forward is a beautiful thing. Congratulations on your steps forward.