.

Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School



Aaaah.... my son's first day of school. I'm excited because his first day of school gets me that much closer to my first day of school. I can't wait! The only odd thing about my son's first day of school is that he gets amnesia every year. I have been a scrapbooker for his entire life yet every first day without fail, he is in shock when I pull out my camera.
Him: "Aaaaargh! You're gonna take pictures?"
Me: "Yeah, it's what I do."
Him: "How many more are you gonna take? You already took THREEEEE."
Me: "Uh huh. Put these on."
Him: "Put my glasses on? No way mom!"
(Yeah, the same expensive glasses he loved last week.) I took four or five pics and drove him to his new school. I pulled up behind a bunch of other parents dropping off their brand new high schoolers for freshman orientation. DS' high school looks like a college campus. Heck, his high school is bigger than my old college campus. I was reassured when I watched several upperclassmen and administrators walk up to him and shake his hand. That's when my mom worry set in. I thought, Wow, he's the shortest one. Would that be a problem? My son is merely 5 feet and 1/2 inch tall. He's very thin but his feet are a men's size 10.(Picture a microphone stand wearing clown shoes.) I hope he makes good friends and that he's doing okay. I hope it won't be a madhouse when I go pick him up this afternoon. I don't have a digital camera (I'm still a film gal--scrap 8 1/2 x 11 too!) so I'll share his first day of school LO from last year. I'll warn you that it is one of those weird pics that doesn't look like DS at all.

11 comments:

Noelia said...

I'd love to see this year's pictures. He sure is a handsome young man!

muirwoodsue said...

I love the layout from last year. I was thinking that you were fast, but then I saw it was from last year. Yes, please share this years pictures Staci.
Sue

Carla said...

Awe, he's in HS, so sweet!! Congrats to you both! What a sweet LO!

Staci Taylor said...

Aww, what a cool layout, Staci - he looks so excited in that photo! I love that he gets "amnesia" every year, lol, funny how that works!! Hope his first day went well!

renee said...

Great layout! I fought digi too, but now I love it.

Renee

Ericka said...

I love last year's LO. I can't wait to see this year's. Amani is getting so big. I can't believe he's in high school already.
-e

Sarah Coggins said...

Beautiful layout! He's so handsome in his uniform. :) Looking forward to seeing this year's photos. Hope he had a wonderful first day!

Anonymous said...

great layout!

Anonymous said...

Awesome layout Staci!

He look so tall in this photo too.

Brown English Muffin said...

Hold up...is this the page you did with us? I mean me and Esther?

Staci said...

Yep, Mel --that's the page I did when we were at Scrapaholics. I never posted it until now because I had submitted it. Since it never got picked up I decided to post it. So much has changed since then girl!! We need to catch up!