.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

You'll Be Missed Mac...


Not everyone understood the humor of Mr. Bernie Mac. I did. I have to say kudos to a man who takes in his 6 neices and nephews when their mom is unable to raise them. Actor and comedian, Bernie Mac died today at the age of 50. He had been suffering with pneumonia for the past week. It may seem odd that Bernie succumbed from pneumonia but what many did not know is that he also suffered with sarcoidosis, a chronic lung disease. (My mother has it as well.) My deepest sympathy to Mr. Mac's family.

7 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

I heard this news today while traveling. So sad. He was a wonderful and very funny man. He will definitely be missed.

Carla said...

I know, I'm shocked too! He was definately too young to die that soon. The world of comedy has lost another great one...George Carlin being another one.

Ericka said...

I, too, was deeply saddened by this news. The world has lost a brilliant comic mind.

Staci Taylor said...

Gosh, I was so bummed when I heard that :-( He was such an awesome comedian... he will be missed! Shoot - I keep forgetting to post the award you gave me, i've been doing such drive-by posts! Will do that with my next one :-) Hope you're doing well, Staci!

DebW said...

Beautiful, heartfelt and respectful post. He will be missed by many.

Lily said...

I was completely floored by this news also. bernie Mac was one of my favorite comedians. He would just have me rollilng with his "America......listen here". I do remember hearing something about his health issues previous but Ihad no idea that it was life threatening. I will definitely mourn the loss of this comic genius and very snappy dresser!

Anonymous said...

Just think about the jokes he's telling in Heaven:

"Heaven...listen here."

And then he'll go on telling the folks in Heaven about us crazee humans. HA!

I hope he will become an Angel to all the people with Sarcoidosis. My brother has been an Angel in Heaven helping these same people for 5 yrs. now. He had Sarcoidosis for 32 yrs. before he died. My tears only stop occasionally for those gone before us.