
my money's gone. :-( I found out yesterday that DS needs glasses. At nearly 14, he is the oldest member of my family to get away with not wearing them. (I started wearing glasses in 3rd grade and got contact lenses when I was a high school senior.)
I thought DS would be upset but he actually liked the idea. "Cool! Can I get sports goggles like Duaner Sanchez???" For those of you who don't know, he is a pitcher with the New York Mets (see Duaner in his "rec specs" at left). Since I needed new contacts I wasn't happy with the idea of DS needing glasses right now. I haven't picked up all of his school items (jacket/blazer, sneakers, shoes). I haven't paid the first installment of his tuition yet either. After rec specs and glasses for him plus lens and frame insurance, (Oh, did I mention that I was past time for having my eyes examined??) I walked out $925.00 poorer, but with one happy kid. (I'll post pics when his glasses come in.)
5 comments:
OMG, those must be some glasses.! I about had a heart attack when we had to get them for both ds and dd at the same time. Be sure to stop buy and pick up your blog award.
Cool blog...I adore your layouts!
Ugh. Glasses. I've worn them since I was in kindergarten and both my daughters wear them. They inherited their father's eyes but unfortunately, they inherited my eyesight. I always flip over the cost of glasses. I recommend getting the extra insurance in case of breakage ... comes in very handy the younger the kids are. Speaking from experience here.
Hily cow, those are some expensive eyes! i so feel your pain! can't wait to see him in his cool specs
Ouch, that's one hefty bill there! I think our kids will have the same fate - I, too, started wearing glasses at a young age (I think I was 10), as did DH, so I figure there is no hope for our kids, lol! Glad he was excited about it, though - that is one less thing to worry about!
Post a Comment