.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm Still Here...


I've been experiencing end of the year letdown. I know that I'm really lucky and should start viewing these endings as happy beginnings. My son graduated from the
8th grade last week. The ceremony was absolutely lovely. I know that graduating is a step towards him becoming a more independent person and I am happy about that, but I will miss my little boy.
My kindergarten class had their graduation ceremony last week as well. It was sad to see them board their school buses on Friday and ride away. I hope that they are all successful where ever life takes them. It was a challenging year but I'm truly going to miss them.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Graduations are always bittersweet. I used to teach third grade and I always missed the kids. Except for a couple of years. Some of those kids I did not miss!

emily said...

I have only been teaching college students one year but I feel like a part of us graduates with them...each group is so different. Good and the bad ;)

Sasha Farina said...

u know something, just reading your post make me tear up... *hugs* it's hard but we have to let them grow..

renee said...

Congrats to your son. How exciting, headed to high school. I was really sad when my daughter went to high school, but it just meant we had a different relationship. Now she is driving, not sure if my nerves can take that.

Ericka said...

I know how you feel. I go through this every year, too, when l'il G finishes each school year. It's hard to know your baby will never be that baby you held in your arms anymore. But it's also fun to see them learn and grow and transform into the people they are destined to be. I just wish they didn't have to do it so quickly.

I feel for you, girl. You are not alone.

-e

btw...congratulate A for me.

Jill said...

I know that feeling - "I'm so glad it's over! It was horrible! It was wonderful! I wish I had one more day with them! I'm going to miss them!!!!!"

Gabrielle said...

Oh I'm so sorry! It would break my heart to be a school teacher. You treat them as your own all year and then say goodbye. HUGS!