1. What is your occupation? Teaching Assistant in a public school. There are 30 children in my class.
2. What color socks right now? None--it's waaaaaaaaaaay too hot!!
3. What are you listening to right now? "Reba" on TV
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Twix! Yum!
5. Can you drive a stick shift? Nope. No desire to learn either.
6. If you could be a color what color would you be? Black--It's simple, classic and makes one look thin.
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Quincy, my *friend*. He asked if I went to work today (because it was hot as blue blazes--the schools in our district generally don't have air conditioning unless you buy one for your own classroom.)
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Yes, I think Melanie is a wonderful person. She also has the coolest accent evah! She could tell me I was a poo head and I'd think it was awesome because of her accent, LOL.
9. Favorite food? Does chocolate count? I think chocolate should be classified as a food group. Other than that, I love shrimp and pasta.
10. Favorite drink? Green tea (hot or cold!)
11. What is your favorite sport to watch? Baseball or football. I'm surprised that my neighbors didn't hear me yelling at the Mets for losing last night.
12. Have you ever dyed your hair? Oh yes! I have dyed my hair red. It actually worked.
13. Pets? None now.
14. Favorite Author? James Patterson, Janet Lee Carey, Maya Angelou
15. Last movie you watched? Reign Over Me with Don Cheadle, Adam Sandler and Jada Pinkett Smith. It was hard to watch at first but I really got into it.
16. Favorite Day of the year? By far, the first day of Kwanzaa (Dec. 26th) I love getting into the festivities of the season.
17. What do you do to vent anger? Honestly?! I listen to old profanity laced angry rap music and "spit" the lyrics. (I can rap pretty well! :-)
18. What was your favorite toy as a child? My Barbies. Still have my favorite one.
19. What is your favorite time of the year? I'll have to say spring. I do have wicked allergies but I hate summer and winter.
20. Strawberry or Blueberry? Strawberry
21. Do you want your friends to participate? Um..why not?
22. Who is most likely to respond? I would say Misi if she still had her blog...AHEM!!
23. Who is least likely to respond? Search me.
24. Living arrangements? An old house filled with lots of love thanks to DS!
25. When was the last time you cried? Thursday. I woke up in such a horrible mood. I cried off and on for most of the day. It's from all of my left over drama...
26. Who is the friend you had the longest that you are going to tag? I'm really gonna have to think about this one......
27. Who is the friend you had the shortest that you are going to tag?
Carla
28. Favorite smell? lilac, freesia, African Musk
29. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Give me a burger with pickles, catchup and cheese and I'm a happy camper.
30. Favorite car? Volkswagon Passat
31. Favorite Quote or motto? Ready for this one? "You will not give me a stroke." Seriously. I always thought my parents had strokes when I was younger just because they were old but my older brother had one in February. I tended to view the glass as half empty and over analyzed everything. Since then I have more pep in my step, I'm a lot more cheerful, positive and outgoing.
32. Number of keys on your key ring? Seven
33. How many years at your current job? Seven
34. Favorite day of the week? Pay day!
35. How many states have you lived in? New York gal only
36. Which political label most closely reflects your views? Political label???
37. Worst injury you've ever had? I was a little prissy girl so I only have one childhood scar--skinned my knee. The grossest thing I ever had was a broken blood vessel in my eye...long story
38. What is your favorite book? Wenny has Wings by Janet Lee Carey. It's about 10- year-old, Will. He is walking to the store with his little sister, Wenny when they are hit by a truck. His sister dies but Will survives. He feels survivor's guilt and asks his pastor what to do. The pastor tells him that when he is angry he writes letters to God. Will decides to write letters to his sister, Wenny instead. This is such a great book!
39. What were you doing at 12:00 last night? Sleeping
40. What famous person, dead or alive, would you most like to meet? I'd love to meet Denzel Washington or Chris Brown. I'd love for Chris to teach me some of his dance moves.
4 comments:
I can NOT believe that part about the own a/c! I mean, I spent a serious portion of my paycheck on my classroom every month when I taught in public school, but buy my own air conditioning unit?!?!?!?
We really know how to tell the children of our country how important their education is. "Now children, it's very very important that you get an education. Well, at least it's sort of important. But not so very important that an adult other than a teacher would be willing to spend a half hour in your classroom..." Yike.
I can't believe you have to buy your own AC either...someone should be ashamed of themselves.
I love Twix as well but only the English version the chocolate taste different.
Thanks sweetie for the comment about my accent...of course I don't even notice I still have one!
I was about to watch Reign Over Me the other day and then I said...no I can't do this movie right now!!!
Do you mean this Misi
Wenny has Wings sounds soo sad!
That was fun and thanks for tagging me. I already posted. I'll be visiting you agian soon.
Now this was an interesting read. Nice to learn some things I didn't know.
Hope all is well. I'm going to e-mail you a secret-lol.
Post a Comment