.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Field Day


Today was Field Day at the school where I work. The children enjoyed the baton relay, three legged race, parachute play and other themed games. There was also a barbeque and great music. I think it was fun for the children because they simply enjoyed playing in the fresh air and sunshine (It has been raining off and on here for the past week.) and there was also less focus on winning.
It certainly wasn't like that when I was a child. Of course, I was the scrawny, short kid who would sooner hurl herself down a flight of stairs instead of have to engage in an ENTIRE day of gym. I could run fast and was good at gymnastics and dodgeball but certainly was never the first, second or third person picked for a team....Okay, I wasn't fourth or fifth either, LOL. Everyone had a good time, me included! :-)

5 comments:

Juliana said...

It sounds like the kids had a fun day! I was not much for playing outside - I would have much rather read a book!

mborrero said...

oh I love field day we had ours on Thursday so much fun! thanks for sharing

Sarah Coggins said...

Glad everyone had fun! I always loved the activities and excitement of field day. :)

Brown English Muffin said...

I had no idea you were good at gymnastics...you have so many hidden secrets!!!

QueenTracy said...

lol. i was the fat girl that hated running all day for field day! Although as a teacher now I think its ok...as long as its not 111 degrees out. *smiling*