.

Friday, November 23, 2007

Listen Up My Sisters

A man. Any piece of man will do. Unfortunately, that's what some women believe. Don't get me wrong... I love men. If you have a man and he's a good one by all means, hold on. I am truly happy for your blessings. This message isn't for you.

Ladies, when a man is around you, really observe him and remember the old adage "when someone shows you who he is, believe him." If a man says, "Baby, I would never hurt you" and then he purposely hurts you, then he's a liar. We have to stop being fooled by sweet words uttered from sexy lips. Actions really do speak louder than words. Some may say, who is this older chick trying to tell me how to live mine. She hasn't walked a day in my shoes. Well, I may not have worn the same exact shoes but I owned a similar pair. They pinched my toes and rubbed my ankles raw for a long time before I finally realized (with some help) that they just weren't my style.

Let's stop being ready to go to war with other women. That woman didn't promise to be true to you, but that man did. Believe that you are truly special and hold your head up high. Know that you are worth so much more.

I don't generally post heavy topics on my blog but I've been thinking about a tragic event that transpired recently. The equation involved two beautiful young ladies, two beautiful infants, one daddy and one ugly feud. Now, one beautiful young lady is in the ground. Her newborn will never get to see her again. The other beautiful young lady will likely face murder charges. Her baby may not see her outside of a correctional facility for many years. I'm sure there are two sets of distraught grandparents in this horrible situation as well. Now, I'm not calling the man in this scenario a liar because I don't know him personally, BUT I do firmly believe that the love of a man is not worth killing or dying for. That's my life lesson sisters. Increase the peace.

7 comments:

Alyssa said...

WOW! That story...how very sad.

Thanks for visiting my blog again!!! I love reading yours...you have an enjoyable writing style.

P.S. love the scroll ribbon by Queen and Co you posted earlier...gotta go get me some!

Jill said...

Great post. So sorry about the story that inspired it but you are so right. I love your similar pair of shoes idea. It's always like, I haven't dated HIM, but I have soooooo dated his "type"...and "when someone shows you who he is, believe him." Also so true! Though I wish I could remember during instead of always in hindsight.

Carla said...

That is deep and sad. I totally agree with you. As humans, we should all stick together.

LaKeiva said...

Wow is all I can say but you keep it real and thanks for stopping by my blog.

LaKeiva said...

Wow is all I can say but you keep it real and thanks for stopping by my blog.

Sarah said...

that is oh so true. Once a liar, always a liar- I don't think that can be fixed! Good reminder...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!! :)

Brown English Muffin said...

OMG that's terrible. ...was that in the news some place that I can read?