.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Life is a Journey

Happy new year! I hope this year brings you joy, peace and good health. I have decided to continue my One Little Word experience from 2013 and embark on further self exploration in 2014. In the One Little Word program, participants choose one word to contemplate in one's daily personal encounters. To learn more about the OLW's yearly class, click here:

http://aliedwards.com/shop/one-little-word-2014 

I started making a word list and narrowed my choices down to 15! My One Little Word came so easily to me in 2013! After much pondering, I decided my word for 2014 will be JOURNEY.

While I made some strides last year, I have so far to go. I decided to use my One Little Word to embark on a multi
faceted journey.


 Spiritual Journey: I plan to pray more and be more patient in 2014.



Educational Journey:  I plan to take a course or workshop to increase my professional knowledge in the classroom. I may take a class for pure educational enjoyment such as American Sign Language.
 Emotional Journey: I need to stop trying to save certain people. I can only love them.

 Physical Journey: I plan to keep taking dance and exercise along with youtube videos to get in better shape.

 and stop doing this:


Creative Journey: I plan to scrapbook every month and create at least 6-8 One Little Word layouts. I also want to make at least 1-2 scrappy videos to post on Youtube. 


 **Are you going to do One Little Word? Did you make any resolutions for the new year?**

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Staci, those are great inspirational images to take along with on your journey! Wishing you much success with and a happy, happy New Year! :)

Staci said...

Thank you! :-)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

I love these images and quotes - particularly the last one! Thanks for sharing!! Happy 2014!!!

Teresa Kline said...

great inspiring words...thanks for sharing. Wishing you many blessings in 2014!

sparkle & shine *~*

aliedwards said...

Hey Staci! Love reading about your word and your intentions for 2014. Just wanted to let you know that there's a different link for the workshop in 2014 (your link goes to the 2013 class). Here's the updated link for those that want to join the "live" class in 2014: http://aliedwards.com/shop/one-little-word-2014

renee said...

My one little word this year is USE. I plan to post a blog post about it this weekend, with some projects I have made to do just that. Love you word choice and all the inspirational images you chose to illustrate it. I might have to steal that idea! ;-)

Staci said...

Thanks simonsays. I updated the link. :-)

Gemiel said...

Journey is a great word for the year. My life is a continual journey and I don't think I'll ever reach the destination. I don't make resolutions, but I do have spiritual and physical things that are continual works in progress year after year... Love the images that go along with your OLW. Wishing you a wonderfully blessed 2014!!

Disneypal said...

What a great word for 2014! I took the OLW workshop once and it was great. My word is "routine". I need to get my life back in order and back to a regular routine. I will be following your "journey" throughout the year...good luck to you.

Lara Neves said...

Excellent word and reasonings. I'm taking Ali's class for the first time ever this year, though I have chosen a word for many years. I'm excited to see how the class helps me to keep it close all year long. My word this year is Peace.

Jill said...

This is such a great post. You crack me up! I LOVE your word. There are so many possibilities!

D said...

Wow, your NY's resolutions are awesome!!! I literally laughed out loud at the skinny girl/eat all food comic. After reading your resolutions, I think I may have aimed a little low in mine : O, lol. My word is reclaim.

Brown English Muffin said...

I've always wanted to do sign language for years now but I figured who would I practice with. Let me know if you end up taking a class.

So you know where you used to take your son to martial arts. Well next door Llyod from Snergy Gym (and many other gyms) has opened a dance and fitness studio. I take my daughter
to Hip Hop classes there and it cost $15 a class or you can get a combo card which reduces the cost slightly. Anyway I say this to say that he does tons of adult classes as well. Right after
my daughters Hip-Hop class there are woman waiting for Zumba and Cardio classes. I believe he has adult dance classes as well. Anyway the reason I like him as you can pay as you go. I didn't want to sign my daughter up to dance class, pay all that money and then find out she doesn't like it and doesn't want to go.

I need to think of a word myself for this One little Word thing!

Tiffany said...

Great word. My word this year is ACTION. In each area of my life there are so many things I need to do but put off or things I wish I could do. This is the year to stop talking and take action.

Staci said...

Mel, thanks for the info! :-)