.

Friday, December 14, 2012

Optimal Scrapping Conditions

I like going to crops. I tend to eat, walk around, talk and compliment the work of others. Unfortunately, I don't usually get much done. I went to a crop last  Friday and had fun with the girls. On Sunday, I began to really put my layout together. I remembered reading Jill Ilene's post on her optimal scrapping conditions and thought I'd reflect on mine.
  1. I have a decent scrap table, but I tend to scrap better on my bed. I spread everything out and then scrap on top of this case:
     2.  A yummy snack is a must. I used to nosh on chocolate covered pretzels but I've been able to  settle on one cookie or a low fat muffin.  

    3.   Lifetime movies- Sundays are the best. They usually show movies about love and sappy stuff  or major drama.
          
    4.   Can't be cold. I love Starbucks, but it was like a meat locker in there the other night.

     5.  Must be wearing sweats or yoga pants.  Comfy/fuzzy socks are a must in winter. I  scrap barefoot in summer. These are my bear socks. They even have little bear faces attached to the back.


     6.  Hair should be away from my face--black scrunchie all the way. :-)

     7.  Must have good music! I realized that the biggest difference between scrapping out and scrapping at home is that at home I can listen to whatever music I want and sing 'til my heart's content.    
What are your must haves when it comes to scrapping?

8 comments:

Sondra said...

I can scrap anywhere: desk, kitchen table, livingroom floor in front of the TV, but my favorite place to scrap is on my bed too... usually on top of a box like yours or my Purple Cow paper cutter.

TV, music, or a chattering daughter... there MUST be background noise. And the hair pulled back into WHATEVER color scrunchie I can find!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I usually scrap by myself or with a friend. When I have a friend over, snacks are a must. :) I like it pretty quiet though. I can't concentrate well with a lot of noise or distraction.

Fleursbydesign said...

I usually scrap at me desk with all my stuff close at hand with music (a must) and snackies :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

you are all set to go!! love it-- i scrap at my desk in the basement and i don't bring any food or drink- always afraid the little ones will spill it- lol!!! good music is a must!! right now i have my pandora christmas station on!

Tracy said...

I have only been to a few crops, luckily only with close friends as I take over the table, lol.
Yes and being warm and cozy is a must as well :)

Gemiel said...

I love going to crops but I get nothing done. The last crop I went to was 7 hours and I did one layout. I basically go to socialize :) and enjoy the company of fellow crafters. I do most of my scrapping at home at my desk in my scrapbook room. I always have some tea...hot in the winter and iced in summer. I keep nuts or chocolate or some other snack close by, but when I get totally absorbed into creating my page, I forget it's there. Being comfy is a must and I either wear sweats or my long warm robe, socks and sometimes my isotoner slippers. I usually have the TV on, but couldn't tell you anything about the show that's on the screen :).

NC Peach said...

When I do get to get crafty, its usually 9 or 10pm, with background noise at my dining room table or the kitchen countertop, but I love cutting stuff on my bed too! Awesome post!

Brown English Muffin said...

If I get too comfortable I do everything BUT scrap!! I think I just get excited about the idea of being away for a few hours from my child! LOL