.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Maple Salmon

I saw this recipe on allrecipes.com and was intrigued. I had to make it. I didn't use much maple syrup due to the high sugar content. I tried one piece with sugar free syrup but it wasn't as flavorful. The salon with regular maple syrup was delicious and I would definitely make it again.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound salmon

Directions:

In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper. Place salmon in a shallow glass baking dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover the dish, and marinate salmon in the refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake salmon uncovered 20 minutes.

10 comments:

TracieClaiborne said...

Oooh - looks yummy!!!!

Madeline said...

That looks and sounds yummy! We typically go with the lemon pepper salmon, but might have to branch out and try this!

Margie Higuchi said...

Who would've thought maple syrup?! Somthing I should try :) THanks for the idea!

byondbzr said...

Oooh yummy, thanks for the recipe!

Disneypal said...

I've never made salmon at home but this looks so good - may have to give it a try.

Kim said...

Oh my goodness...that looks delicious! I think I know what I'll be making this week!

Michelle said...

oh that looks yum! i do something similar on chicken but also add pecans. :)

RollerScrapper said...

Sometimes you just have to use the good stuff :)
Looks delicious!

Monica said...

Yum...that's one of my favorite ways to eat salmon.

Tracy said...

My one daughter loves Salmon, the others not to much.
So I will have to try this when its only hubby, her and I.
This looks so good and so yummy.