.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

You're the Star!



Greetings all! There's no school for the children because it is Election Day. I told them that they would probably be at home eating Cheerios and watching cartoons while Ms. B and I would be working hard at school. They laughed uproariously. No sympathy from this group LOL. On to today's topic:

You get to make a guest appearance on any TV show of your choice. What will it be? If we're talking about actually being a guest my answer is Oprah. I know that she's no longer on the air and that there are Oprah haters, but Oprah has a gift for getting people to confront things that hurt and face somewhat of an emotional cleansing.

Oprah: We're here with Staci W., children's author. She's just written a self reflection book, Facing the Journey. Staci, where did the inspiration for the title originate?
Staci: Well Oprah, I had finally started to fulfill some of my dreams and aspirations and knew there was a reason for my lack of emotional fulfillment in some areas. It had to do with situations I wasn't strong enough to confront at the time. I knew that I had to face these demons on my journey to happiness.
Oprah: Your first chapter describes difficult experiences in your teens which we'll discuss after these messages. Back in a moment.
Now, you know we'd go into the second half with with me boohooing like a fool right? 

So, what's your show of choice?



6 comments:

Kendall said...

Oooohhhh lovin this post!! I'd totally watch you on Oprah :)

If I could make an appearance on ANY show it would have to be King of Queens, which is no longer on (except for reruns) but my fiancee and I LOVE that show!

If I had to pick a show still on I would say the Big Bang Theory! I would absolutely love to spend one day on set!

Kendall said...

btw - I hope your students enjoyed their day off!! And I hope you didn't work too hard :)

Brown English Muffin said...

I'd probably want to be on CSI or NCSI!!!

Staci said...

Kendall, loved your choices! Arthur and Doug crack me up on King of Queens.

I love the Big Bang Theory too!!! My son went to the mall yesterday and I jokingly asked him what he bought me. He pulled a t-shirt out of his bag for me. It had a picture of a cartoon cat and the lyrics to "Soft Kitty" on it!

M, CSI is good too. I always try to figure out who the killer is as soon as they start introducing scenarios and suspects.

Tracy said...

Hummm mine would be Walking Dead.
I know an odd choice, but I like to think I would survive and honestly besides fighting zombies it is a way to live a simple life, no electricity, no heavy traffic, lol

Tiffany said...

I would LOVE to guest star on Criminal Minds or NCIS. I love a good crime drama.