These were super easy to make. I followed the directions for a box cake but added 1/2 cup of malted milk powder. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Note: Do not over fill cups-- leave at least an inch of space from the rim. I still had some spillage. You can:
1. stand the cones upright in cupcake pans and fill them (like I did.)
2. fill the cupcake pans and place cone on top of it upside down.
3. bake the cupcakes in liners and put them inside the cones when cool.
Wait at least 10 minutes before frosting. Add sprinkles and an M-n-M to complete.They were cute but I think I'll stick to regular cupcakes.

8 comments:
Those look so cute & tasty! Thanks for the tips. :)
How pretty! What a nice presentation and I'm sure they tasted great with the added malt powder.
YUM!! Super cute!!
I'm going to have to add this one to pinterest!!! So I don't understand how the ice cream cone doesn't just bake and burn???
M-I was reluctant to make these cupcakes for some time because I didn't understand why the cone wouldn't burn while leaving a soggy batter. It's a mystery LOL.
Oh I made those about...7 years ago when I was teaching cooking class to preschoolers. I did it this same way as you. Super cute!
These are really cute. Great for a kids party, you don;t have to worry about cupcake wrappers everywhere :)
Ohhhh yummy :)
When I was younger my friend made me one of these, but she used her microwave. I thought she was rich as I didn't even know what a microwave was, lol.
Post a Comment