.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Art of Racing in the Rain



The Art of Racing in the Rain is the story of Enzo and his family. Enzo knows that he is unlike other dogs. He has many human like traits. He has become educated by the wisdom imparted to him by his master, up- and- coming race car driver, Denny Swift. Enzo also learns by watching numerous hours of television. He has a mild obsession with having opposable thumbs (That would certainly make him more human!) and is the protector of Denny's little girl, Zoƫ and his wife, Eve. Through Denny, Enzo has garnered remarkable insight into the human condition. He observes that on the race track, as in life, to be a true champion, you must give yourself over to the race.
This book was absolutely engrossing for me. I don't want to give away too much of the plot but it was a wonderful read and I shed quite a few tears reading it.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Oh! I read the first two or three chapters of that! But it belonged to a friend who moved to Morocco so I never finished. I did buy it for my dad for father's day, but I don't think he read it - too sad probably.

Tracy said...

Humm I have never heard of this book. I may have to look it up :)

Kendall said...

I totally almost cried too!! It wasn't my favorite book but it was really cute! I actually read it on the plane as I was flying to Washington too which was kind of funny!! I'm glad you liked it!!

Brown English Muffin said...

Adding it to my must read list now!